The hotel is a quirky combination of a few houses, I am staying in room 15 and it has a small balcony and offers a great view of the Herengracht, charming room - small but beautifully decorated.
To make the most of your stay plan well:
1. The only access to room 15 and rooms in the houses adjacent to the main hotel is via small narrow staircases - normal for many Amsterdam small hotels - I did not find it a problem at all, but if you don't like stairs make it clear when you book
2. Facing the canal, adds very much to enjoying my room and the views are great - maybe a bit more street noise than inner facing rooms.
3. Breakfast - ample and generous but the size of the breakfast room and the service during rush hours, spoiled the experienced for me - waited 25 minutes for coffee - server told me sorry we are busy - Avoid rush hours or have bf in one of many, many places in the neighbourjood.
4. Spend some time in the beautiful library / general lounge / small lounge - to plan your day / catch your breath or just relax - splendid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, the Ambassade Hotel has expanded considerably. Starting with just one canal-side building in 1953, it now has 58 hotel rooms distributed among 10 of these buildings. Eight of these canal-side homes are on the "Herengracht" canal, while two others are located on the "Singel" canal. Other buildings are in use by the Ambassade Hotel too, but for other purposes: a few houses further along the Herengracht is the hotel's Float & Massage Centre known as Koan Float and 150 meters further along the Singel canal you will find the hotel's conference room. Except for the building at 335 Herengracht, all the canal-side buildings are physically interconnected. So as not to unnecessarily damage the original character of these canal-side homes, small sets of stairs and landings can be found at various places in the halls and in some of the rooms themselves to bridge the differences in floor elevations between the buildings. Over the years, two lifts have been installed, making all rooms easily accessible. The canal houses have been carefully restored to maintain their authentic character and all rooms and suites have been stylishly furnished and decorated. The furnishings are predominantly Louis XV/XVI style with the use of colorful fabrics and in all rooms and public areas you will find original paintings by artists from the famous Cobra movement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ambassade Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassade Hotel Amsterdam