Top 10 Reasons Why We Love The Ambassade Hotel:
10. Nice modern bathrooms.
9. It's on the Herengracht Canal and away from the younger tourist insanity.
8. Some rooms have their own entrances--it's like having your own apartment in Amsterdam.
7. Free internet in rooms and they also have a computer that guests can use to check email if you didn't bring your own laptop.
6. It's quiet and elegant.
5. 24 hour room service for drinks, snacks, and ice!
4. Romantic canal views can make any stay feel like a second honeymoon.
3. Each room is unique. Will you have a winding staircase? A balcony overlooking the canal?
2. The beds are very comfy. It's delightful to sleep in with the morning breeze coming in from the open window.
1. The staff! They are extremely helpful, discrete and make great restaurant recommendations. I spent 8 months organizing a group of friends to travel to Amsterdam to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The staff was attentive to every email question and had great suggestions.
We hope to be back at the Ambassade again very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, the Ambassade Hotel has expanded considerably. Starting with just one canal-side building in 1953, it now has 58 hotel rooms distributed among 10 of these buildings. Eight of these canal-side homes are on the "Herengracht" canal, while two others are located on the "Singel" canal. Other buildings are in use by the Ambassade Hotel too, but for other purposes: a few houses further along the Herengracht is the hotel's Float & Massage Centre known as Koan Float and 150 meters further along the Singel canal you will find the hotel's conference room. Except for the building at 335 Herengracht, all the canal-side buildings are physically interconnected. So as not to unnecessarily damage the original character of these canal-side homes, small sets of stairs and landings can be found at various places in the halls and in some of the rooms themselves to bridge the differences in floor elevations between the buildings. Over the years, two lifts have been installed, making all rooms easily accessible. The canal houses have been carefully restored to maintain their authentic character and all rooms and suites have been stylishly furnished and decorated. The furnishings are predominantly Louis XV/XVI style with the use of colorful fabrics and in all rooms and public areas you will find original paintings by artists from the famous Cobra movement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ambassade Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassade Hotel Amsterdam