“Our stay at the Ambassade in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassade Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ambassade Hotel to your Saves list
Ambassade Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Herengracht 341, 1016 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #5 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Kennesaw, GA
“Our stay at the Ambassade in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

From the time we walked in the front door, it was a wonderful experience! The rooms are beautifully furnished. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. The room was lovely and the beds were the most comfortable ones we have slept on in years! The breakfast buffet was delicious, and the servers, Wim and Claudia were friendly and accommodating! We ordered room service one evening and the food was delicious! The whole atmosphere was one of incredible warmth and hospitality!

Room Tip: We were in an inside room which was quieter than being in a room on the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 4 days. Their customer service is excellent. Everyone was very nice and helpful. It was bitterly cold in Amsterdam at the time. The hotel is near to the canals. It is near to the Dam Square. Will definately stay here again when coming back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Holt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Just home from a 3 night stay, and we highly recommend this hotel.
It's beautiful, in a central location, but very quiet, with a very peaceful ambience. The room we had (no.17) was on a high floor, with an excellent canal view, Lovely quality bedding and a very comfortable bed.
The staff were very proffessional and helpful and made our stay feel very special. The public areas are beautiful, particularly the lounge, and the breakfast is a must! (it even had champagne on the buffet!).
Although the hotel isn't huge, it offers the highest of standards in all areas.
We will be back, and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Loved room 17, meduim sized but very very stylish and a lovely view from the french doors.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have stayed at many hotels but have never seen one with such beautiful furniture. It's a little tricky getting to some rooms (especially mine), but it was the nicest hotel of my trip. The location is fabulous and so was the massage they referred me to down the street. I did not pay for their breakfast, as the location lent itself to exploring the patisseries along nearby streets. The only objection I had was that I had to pay the full price for a night when in actuality, I only used it for 3 hours. My connection from Detroit was missed due to tornadoes so I purchased an international phone card and called them from the airport to tell them of my dilemma. Even though the tornadoes were 'an act of God' I think that they should have reduced my bill. Perhaps they are so popular that they don't need repeat customers?

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the canal. What a beautiful view!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I spent one night in Amsterdam for a sightseeing weekend. I had booked a room overlooking the canal but on arrival found that I had been automatically upgraded to a suite. It was lovely - antique furniture, large sitting room, massive bed and bath, all the amenities (and the Wifi actually worked, which it often does not in hotels). It had its own entrance also. The staff were very nice and the upstairs rooms looked very luxurious (I didn't have breakfast because I prefer to eat out). The location is perfect - the canals around the hotel are the only place to stay in Amsterdam, which can be ugly in parts.
The one downside was the sleeping - I am a light sleeper, and people passing by the window kept waking me up. It is generally a very quiet area so I'm sure this would not be a problem if you were higher up - I was at the very bottom, half the room was below street level and half above. It was perfectly light and lovely, but the disrupted sleep would be an issue if I was staying longer.
Apart from that, it was excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room above street level.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We, too, were visiting amidst uncharacteristically cold weather. Being from North America,we arrived early in the AM, hours before check-out. We were stranded in the lobby and getting crankier by the minute. They were booked solid, so they had no wiggle room. They comped us our breakfast in the dining room and we did get the first room available, an upgrade, at no charge.

It was cold in the room, but we dealt with it, later asking staff if we could steal some cardboard to build a barrier in between the windows and curtains. The next day, of their own volition, they called me on my cell phone while sightseeing. They insisted we change rooms for more warmth. Another upgrade at no extra charge.

The location is ideal. We walked everywhere we needed to. I can't wait to return, except this time I will book a room to have ready upon arrival.They offer this at 50% discount.

Room Tip: Beware of the construction as they rehab the building next door.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We traveled for 3 weeks in Europe in March, 2012. Amsterdam was our first stop and we spent 5 nights at the Ambassade Hotel. Their customer service is the best we had during our vacation. Everyone was very nice and helpful. They even helped us with a connecting flight that we were having trouble with. They had great restaurant recommendations. The location is on a canal and the noise level was not a problem. The staff was the best, the room was large and the location was perfect! We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ambassade Hotel? Share your experiences!