“ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cordial

You added Hotel Cordial to your Saves list
Hotel Cordial
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rokin 62 - 64, 1012 KW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #258 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
chgo
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The best part of this place is location. It's a quick walk from the central train station, about 5-10min. As soon as we walked in the person at the desk didn't even acknowledge us because he was too busy texting. Once he was done with his important task he acknowledged us as we waited patiently in front of him. The upside of that day was that our check in was at 2pm, we arrived at 11am & were checked in right away. What I didn't like about this place is that you have to leave your room card at the front desk when you go out. Also you have to ring the doorbell after hours in order to get in as well as to get out. We were told that there is someone always at the front desk. Just our luck it wasn't the case. One night we tried to get in around 11pm and could not get in. We waited about 5min with another guy who had been waiting already for 20min. Once in and we dropped off our stuff, we went back out. I should say we tried to leave we waited over 20min in order to get out! Inconvenient & frustrating to say the least.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

It's not much inside your room, but you have everything you need.
Commfortable bed, rain shower, tv and a water heater including tea.
Our room was small, but if you visit the city you will just stay in your room for sleeping.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hotel Cordial was not our first choice, or even second or third when it came to choosing accommodation for our last minute 2 night stay in Amsterdam. Due to the lateness of our travel plans, and many other hotels being fully booked or not offering free wi-fi, we stumbled across Hotel Cordial. It had available rooms for the dates we required and the location was good for all major sights and attractions, as well as a short walk from the train station. The train journey from the airport being approximately 25 -35 minutes. All seemed good!
We arrived early in the morning, so had no choice but to leave our luggage behind the counter of the reception area, this was not an out of sight secure room as offered in many other hotels with early arrivals.
The large lobby area is stark and unwelcoming, similar to a hostel with only a Nespresso coffee machine and a snack vending machine available. No sign of Dutch culture or art on display here!
The room was adequate but very small for 3 (2 adults & 1 teenager ) thankfully the room was air conditioned! There was no view to speak of, just a void area filled with cigarette butts, obviously thrown out of the windows of the "No Smoking" rooms.
However the location is central to everything and does have free wi-fi!
With this in mind, with a little more time to plan I would choose somewhere else to stay. At 376.00 Euros for 2 nights it is not cheap.
Hotel Cordial charged 8 Euros each for breakfast served in a very small basic room alongside the reception area, we chose to eat out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Hotel looks ok but you won't get to sleep until 5am. Located on main road in dam square the noise from the clubs & bars & clubbers is horrendous! We thought the Windows were open but they were closed! Don't book if you want a good nights sleep. VERY LOUD

Stayed June 2014
bedfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

On first impression this 3 star hotel is adequate for a short stay and our room directly above the entrance with a bay window made it feel slightly bigger as we were able to sit on it and look out to the street below.( Rokin ). The rooms are extremely small with not enough storage for 1 person let alone 2. Overall the room had new furniture and fixtures but the walls were dirty and another traveller had not had there bed sheets changed in 6 days. I took the liberty of stripping the bed and taking the cover off of the duvet and I was shocked to see the state of it. It was filthy with all kinds of stains on it. It made me feel sick to think I was sleeping so close to this filth. For this trip as a last minute booking it served a purpose but I would not stay here again. The location is great but this doesn't make up for the filth that lies beneath the first impression. They do provide tea and sugar in your room but if you want coffee this is from a machine in the lobby which costs 2 euros. Also be careful that they don't try to charge you for what you have already paid for. I was travelling with my son and had pre booked and paid for a twin room. On arrival I was told that the double they had provided me with was for 1 person and that I need to pay extra for my son. I argued that the room was for 2 and already paid, therefore I did not pay any extra. They also request that you leave your room key in reception when you go out and collect when you come back, I have not heard of this anywhere I have stayed in Amsterdam before and I would not leave my key with them. I was told if I loose my key they will not be held responsible if anyone finds it and goes to my room. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: if desperate room 104 is slightly bigger.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I traveled with my best friend, the hotel location is central, 2-10 minut walk to almost all the attractions. the staff is great, helped in suggestions of resturants and navigation. the rooms is clean and looks new.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with innstant.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hotel Cordial was in an ideal location right near all the main sites of Amsterdam and just a 10-15 walk from Amsterdam Central station. I went for 2 nights and went with 10 friends. The hotel is ideal for short breaks away however due to the size of the rooms I would not stay there for a longer amount of time. You just need to look at the buildings in Amsterdam to understand why the rooms are small. The room was spotless, the bed comfy and luckily our room was not noisy at all. As mentioned in other reviews there was no milk provided on the tea tray but not the end of the world. Staff were friendly enough and the lift was a real bonus when coming in a little worse for wear!.
Overall – perfect for a short break but would stay in one of the bigger, more mainstream hotels if I were to go back for longer.
Tip – Down the road, away from Dam Square is a tardis of a organic buffet type restaurant called La Place. Massive amount of choice and fresh, healthy food. A world away from the millions of McDonalds and KFC’s around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Cordial? Share your experiences!