“Last minute booking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cordial

You added Hotel Cordial to your Saves list
Hotel Cordial
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rokin 62 - 64, 1012 KW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)   |
Ranked #256 of 356 Hotels in Amsterdam
Hong Kong
“Last minute booking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hotel Cordial was not our first choice, or even second or third when it came to choosing accommodation for our last minute 2 night stay in Amsterdam. Due to the lateness of our travel plans, and many other hotels being fully booked or not offering free wi-fi, we stumbled across Hotel Cordial. It had available rooms for the dates we required and the location was good for all major sights and attractions, as well as a short walk from the train station. The train journey from the airport being approximately 25 -35 minutes. All seemed good!
We arrived early in the morning, so had no choice but to leave our luggage behind the counter of the reception area, this was not an out of sight secure room as offered in many other hotels with early arrivals.
The large lobby area is stark and unwelcoming, similar to a hostel with only a Nespresso coffee machine and a snack vending machine available. No sign of Dutch culture or art on display here!
The room was adequate but very small for 3 (2 adults & 1 teenager ) thankfully the room was air conditioned! There was no view to speak of, just a void area filled with cigarette butts, obviously thrown out of the windows of the "No Smoking" rooms.
However the location is central to everything and does have free wi-fi!
With this in mind, with a little more time to plan I would choose somewhere else to stay. At 376.00 Euros for 2 nights it is not cheap.
Hotel Cordial charged 8 Euros each for breakfast served in a very small basic room alongside the reception area, we chose to eat out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Hotel looks ok but you won't get to sleep until 5am. Located on main road in dam square the noise from the clubs & bars & clubbers is horrendous! We thought the Windows were open but they were closed! Don't book if you want a good nights sleep. VERY LOUD

Stayed June 2014
bedfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

On first impression this 3 star hotel is adequate for a short stay and our room directly above the entrance with a bay window made it feel slightly bigger as we were able to sit on it and look out to the street below.( Rokin ). The rooms are extremely small with not enough storage for 1 person let alone 2. Overall the room had new furniture and fixtures but the walls were dirty and another traveller had not had there bed sheets changed in 6 days. I took the liberty of stripping the bed and taking the cover off of the duvet and I was shocked to see the state of it. It was filthy with all kinds of stains on it. It made me feel sick to think I was sleeping so close to this filth. For this trip as a last minute booking it served a purpose but I would not stay here again. The location is great but this doesn't make up for the filth that lies beneath the first impression. They do provide tea and sugar in your room but if you want coffee this is from a machine in the lobby which costs 2 euros. Also be careful that they don't try to charge you for what you have already paid for. I was travelling with my son and had pre booked and paid for a twin room. On arrival I was told that the double they had provided me with was for 1 person and that I need to pay extra for my son. I argued that the room was for 2 and already paid, therefore I did not pay any extra. They also request that you leave your room key in reception when you go out and collect when you come back, I have not heard of this anywhere I have stayed in Amsterdam before and I would not leave my key with them. I was told if I loose my key they will not be held responsible if anyone finds it and goes to my room. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: if desperate room 104 is slightly bigger.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I traveled with my best friend, the hotel location is central, 2-10 minut walk to almost all the attractions. the staff is great, helped in suggestions of resturants and navigation. the rooms is clean and looks new.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with innstant.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hotel Cordial was in an ideal location right near all the main sites of Amsterdam and just a 10-15 walk from Amsterdam Central station. I went for 2 nights and went with 10 friends. The hotel is ideal for short breaks away however due to the size of the rooms I would not stay there for a longer amount of time. You just need to look at the buildings in Amsterdam to understand why the rooms are small. The room was spotless, the bed comfy and luckily our room was not noisy at all. As mentioned in other reviews there was no milk provided on the tea tray but not the end of the world. Staff were friendly enough and the lift was a real bonus when coming in a little worse for wear!.
Overall – perfect for a short break but would stay in one of the bigger, more mainstream hotels if I were to go back for longer.
Tip – Down the road, away from Dam Square is a tardis of a organic buffet type restaurant called La Place. Massive amount of choice and fresh, healthy food. A world away from the millions of McDonalds and KFC’s around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The windows let in so much noise that I had to check I see if they were wide open! The room was overlooking the street and the noise never stops. There may as well not been any windows at all.
Then the building work starts up at 6am! And this is going to be there for months, if not years.

A colleague stayed in one of the back rooms and said it was just as noisy.

Oh and the cups don't get washed. And the TV light stays on lighting up the whole room with no option of turning it off.

Seriously, how do these places get away with trading?! 160 euros for one night and absolutely no sleep.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hoylake, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Best thing about this hotel is the location. 1 minute walk from Dam square! Our room was perfect expect the walls were filthy which was bizarre as everything else was modern and spotless. All they need is a wash down or a lick of paint so there really isn't any excuse. However this would not put me off returning again and I would still recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends