“Not worth the money...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of AMS Hotel Concert Inn

Save Saved
You added AMS Hotel Concert Inn to your Saves list
AMS Hotel Concert Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Lairessestraat 11, 1071 NR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #151 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Brussels
“Not worth the money...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Upon arrival around 21h30, kids were tired, but we still got an extensive (way too long) explanation about checking in at a hotel (as if we never had done that before!?). Even worse: when entering the room (first floor), the heating was still on (as max stand) with the excuse "it's cold outside". I estimate the room temperature was about 30°C. The fan was not useful (very noisy), nor was opening the window (people smoking at ground level).
When taking a bath the next morning, it turned out the bath plug was missing....
For 330 EUR a night, this hotel is certainly not value for money!
And yes, staff was "quite" friendly, but... it gets you nowhere.

Room Tip: Wouldn't be surprised if none of the rooms have air conditioning...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very centrally located hotel at a very sharp price. Our room, # 25, was very smallish but still well decorated and had a nice bathroom, nothing wrong with it for 1 night.....wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay. Located conveniently near the Vondelpark, near the museums and near PC Hooftstraat for some luxurious shopping using the money you saved on the hotel...:-)

Room Tip: # 25 is very small but quietly located at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Odense, Danmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Central placed hotel very close to museums (10 min. walk) and city center. Nice neighborhood. Very good breakfast. Coming by car, you park at P+R under the olympic stadium and take the tramp direct to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here during the hot days of July and we absolutely enjoyed it.
Everything is ok about the hotel. First of all the breakfast is really goooood!!! They have anything you may wish to eat. Any kind of meat things,egg,types of cheeses, breads, fruits, cereals, yoghurts,jams.... We were here with my sister and we are both breakfast people. Breakfast is really important for both of us and for the first time a hotel has all we need. The other good thing about the hotel is it is close to everywhere but everywhere. We walked all around the city may times thanks to the location of the hotel. Well if you don't like walking you can have a boat trip which is 5 min far or you can get on a tram (num. 16) which stops in front of the hotel. Also if you don't like carrying heavy luggages and hand bags the hotel is definitely for you because there is a direct city bus from and to the hotel :) Finally, the staffs are really heplful and kind. If you are not planning to stay in the room all day, if you are in Holland just for fun...this hotel is for you ;)

Room Tip: The hotel has got rooms with balcony. We chose one of those which is better than a simple room for s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was in room 22, the worst hotel i've ever stayed in amsterdam.
The room is so small and uncomfortable that you can't enter in with your lugguage. you have the hair dryer and the lavabo not located in the bathroom that is really dangerous. I m sure that room was a closet and they started to rented as a room. It was dirty, there was a spiderweb on the wall and curtains were dirty. 70€ the night, what a shame. And you have to pay in cash when you arrive the hotel, unless they will charged you 4% fee for credit card.There's so much better hotel in amsterdam. No More concert hotel for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Flemington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect, just a short walk away from the Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum (and those were an easy walk from more sights). The quality of the hotel was fine. Not outstanding, but perfectly acceptable. Room was clean (there was a stain on carpet, but not a big deal to me). Bed was a little soft but not excessively so. The downsides were all things related to its being more of a budget hotel: Bathroom very small, with shower only separated from rest of bathroom by a curtain, so it was hard to keep water from spreading over floor. They provided several bath mats, however, so I used one to dry floor and then stood on a dry one. Sink small so hard to avoid splashing floor when washing your face. My room was on 4th floor, but elevator stops at 3rd floor and you have to walk up narrow stairs with suitcases (not a big deal for me but might be hard for an older person). No air conditioning, though I did find a fan in closet on 2nd day. I opened window for a while to cool off room but had to close it to sleep (for noise). That worked okay for me, but if my husband had been with me, it would have been much too warm for him. (Though I was there during some unusually warm June days, I think). I asked for a wake up call one day and did not get it. I later realized the reason was that the phone in my room wasn't working. I talked to the manager about it, because I had an early flight the next day and couldn't afford to oversleep (which was hard not to do with my jet lag). He was very responsive. He plugged in the alarm clock and set the alarm time for me (lest I make a mistake with an unfamiliar clock) and sent someone up to knock on my door in the morning, so I was all set.

Breakfast was included but I slept through it both days so I can't comment on how it was.

Overall, hotel was fine, it just had some limitations. I think I would have been more satisfied if I had paid about 20 Euros less (I paid about 130 Euros for a double room, though ended up traveling alone).

Room Tip: Keep in mind that if you get a room on 4th floor you have to walk up the last flight with your suitc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to AMS Hotel Concert Inn? Share your experiences!