“BREAKFAST!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AMS Hotel Concert Inn

You added AMS Hotel Concert Inn to your Saves list
AMS Hotel Concert Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Lairessestraat 11, 1071 NR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #162 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Prague, Czech Republic
“BREAKFAST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here during the hot days of July and we absolutely enjoyed it.
Everything is ok about the hotel. First of all the breakfast is really goooood!!! They have anything you may wish to eat. Any kind of meat things,egg,types of cheeses, breads, fruits, cereals, yoghurts,jams.... We were here with my sister and we are both breakfast people. Breakfast is really important for both of us and for the first time a hotel has all we need. The other good thing about the hotel is it is close to everywhere but everywhere. We walked all around the city may times thanks to the location of the hotel. Well if you don't like walking you can have a boat trip which is 5 min far or you can get on a tram (num. 16) which stops in front of the hotel. Also if you don't like carrying heavy luggages and hand bags the hotel is definitely for you because there is a direct city bus from and to the hotel :) Finally, the staffs are really heplful and kind. If you are not planning to stay in the room all day, if you are in Holland just for fun...this hotel is for you ;)

Room Tip: The hotel has got rooms with balcony. We chose one of those which is better than a simple room for s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was in room 22, the worst hotel i've ever stayed in amsterdam.
The room is so small and uncomfortable that you can't enter in with your lugguage. you have the hair dryer and the lavabo not located in the bathroom that is really dangerous. I m sure that room was a closet and they started to rented as a room. It was dirty, there was a spiderweb on the wall and curtains were dirty. 70€ the night, what a shame. And you have to pay in cash when you arrive the hotel, unless they will charged you 4% fee for credit card.There's so much better hotel in amsterdam. No More concert hotel for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Flemington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect, just a short walk away from the Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum (and those were an easy walk from more sights). The quality of the hotel was fine. Not outstanding, but perfectly acceptable. Room was clean (there was a stain on carpet, but not a big deal to me). Bed was a little soft but not excessively so. The downsides were all things related to its being more of a budget hotel: Bathroom very small, with shower only separated from rest of bathroom by a curtain, so it was hard to keep water from spreading over floor. They provided several bath mats, however, so I used one to dry floor and then stood on a dry one. Sink small so hard to avoid splashing floor when washing your face. My room was on 4th floor, but elevator stops at 3rd floor and you have to walk up narrow stairs with suitcases (not a big deal for me but might be hard for an older person). No air conditioning, though I did find a fan in closet on 2nd day. I opened window for a while to cool off room but had to close it to sleep (for noise). That worked okay for me, but if my husband had been with me, it would have been much too warm for him. (Though I was there during some unusually warm June days, I think). I asked for a wake up call one day and did not get it. I later realized the reason was that the phone in my room wasn't working. I talked to the manager about it, because I had an early flight the next day and couldn't afford to oversleep (which was hard not to do with my jet lag). He was very responsive. He plugged in the alarm clock and set the alarm time for me (lest I make a mistake with an unfamiliar clock) and sent someone up to knock on my door in the morning, so I was all set.

Breakfast was included but I slept through it both days so I can't comment on how it was.

Overall, hotel was fine, it just had some limitations. I think I would have been more satisfied if I had paid about 20 Euros less (I paid about 130 Euros for a double room, though ended up traveling alone).

Room Tip: Keep in mind that if you get a room on 4th floor you have to walk up the last flight with your suitc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Middlesex, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed the night of the Europa League final in May. Small hotel with small but adequate rooms. Lift doesn't go to top floor and stairs are narrow so would be a problem if you were dragging a big case to the rooms at the top floor. Bathroom had a funny smell to it, a bit like stagnant water. Staff were fine and breakfast was pretty good. Price was expensive but everyone up their prices for big football games (market forces!) Good location, close to museums and on one tram route and close to another. Decent hotel for a short stay if you don't crave luxuries.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rimini, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have to admiti i choose this place mostly for the price so i was not expecting too much.
But I had to change my mind once I was there.

The hotel is nice, modern and comfortable. Very close, not even 3 minutes walking, from the most important museum in town. For many people this can seem far from the real life in Amsterdam, that meant as the old town, but the connection with at least 5 diffrent tramways is great so you won't miss anything.
And, most important, you can go back sleeping to a quiet place.

The staff is friendly, the room i had was big (in fact I had a free upgrade).
the only problem, if I have to say one, is that you hear the doors closing and people living the rooms. And maybe the bathrooms, that were clean, could be a little updated.

the breakfast was good and you also can have it in a small private garden.

Room Tip: the last floor rooms, 4th floor, seem to be bigger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to AMS Hotel Concert Inn? Share your experiences!