“Great location, medium quality” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Concert Hotel

You added The Concert Hotel to your Saves list
The Concert Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Lairessestraat 11, 1071 NR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly AMS Hotel Concert Inn) (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #173 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Flemington, New Jersey
“Great location, medium quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect, just a short walk away from the Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum (and those were an easy walk from more sights). The quality of the hotel was fine. Not outstanding, but perfectly acceptable. Room was clean (there was a stain on carpet, but not a big deal to me). Bed was a little soft but not excessively so. The downsides were all things related to its being more of a budget hotel: Bathroom very small, with shower only separated from rest of bathroom by a curtain, so it was hard to keep water from spreading over floor. They provided several bath mats, however, so I used one to dry floor and then stood on a dry one. Sink small so hard to avoid splashing floor when washing your face. My room was on 4th floor, but elevator stops at 3rd floor and you have to walk up narrow stairs with suitcases (not a big deal for me but might be hard for an older person). No air conditioning, though I did find a fan in closet on 2nd day. I opened window for a while to cool off room but had to close it to sleep (for noise). That worked okay for me, but if my husband had been with me, it would have been much too warm for him. (Though I was there during some unusually warm June days, I think). I asked for a wake up call one day and did not get it. I later realized the reason was that the phone in my room wasn't working. I talked to the manager about it, because I had an early flight the next day and couldn't afford to oversleep (which was hard not to do with my jet lag). He was very responsive. He plugged in the alarm clock and set the alarm time for me (lest I make a mistake with an unfamiliar clock) and sent someone up to knock on my door in the morning, so I was all set.

Breakfast was included but I slept through it both days so I can't comment on how it was.

Overall, hotel was fine, it just had some limitations. I think I would have been more satisfied if I had paid about 20 Euros less (I paid about 130 Euros for a double room, though ended up traveling alone).

Room Tip: Keep in mind that if you get a room on 4th floor you have to walk up the last flight with your suitc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Middlesex, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed the night of the Europa League final in May. Small hotel with small but adequate rooms. Lift doesn't go to top floor and stairs are narrow so would be a problem if you were dragging a big case to the rooms at the top floor. Bathroom had a funny smell to it, a bit like stagnant water. Staff were fine and breakfast was pretty good. Price was expensive but everyone up their prices for big football games (market forces!) Good location, close to museums and on one tram route and close to another. Decent hotel for a short stay if you don't crave luxuries.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rimini, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have to admiti i choose this place mostly for the price so i was not expecting too much.
But I had to change my mind once I was there.

The hotel is nice, modern and comfortable. Very close, not even 3 minutes walking, from the most important museum in town. For many people this can seem far from the real life in Amsterdam, that meant as the old town, but the connection with at least 5 diffrent tramways is great so you won't miss anything.
And, most important, you can go back sleeping to a quiet place.

The staff is friendly, the room i had was big (in fact I had a free upgrade).
the only problem, if I have to say one, is that you hear the doors closing and people living the rooms. And maybe the bathrooms, that were clean, could be a little updated.

the breakfast was good and you also can have it in a small private garden.

Room Tip: the last floor rooms, 4th floor, seem to be bigger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel very close to Concertgebouw and museum square. The majority of the rooms are very small (except a double room in the courtyard, Nr 5), but everything is clean. People are very friendly. Breakfast OK. The courtyard is very nice when the sun is here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

a sad stay, perfect location but a serious sewage issue.

first hotel to request full payment up from for the three nights stay... no preview of room

Room was perfect size, great view overlooking the buildings but the smells hit us as we opened the bathroom door - had to plug over the outlets of shower and basin as the smells were unbearable to start. we realised that this maybe a temporary issue and then considered it to be the cleaning materials??

Great dining facility - good breakfast options and lovely enclosed quart yard for summer !

Room Tip: good location, well priced over saw the issues which we resolved personally without reception as the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The room was clean and perfect a little small but on the whole had a bathroom and closet and safety box and coffee tea.The staff were very helpful and friendly.The trams were all very close to the hotel Number 16 drooped us right outside the hotel and both trams 2 and 24 were a small walk away aswell as a supermarket with everything.The breakfast was perfect each morning with a nice selection and filled you easy for a day of seeing the sights.I will be back to this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Double room was perfect not huge but more than enough with a nice double bed and breakfast included...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Concert Hotel? Share your experiences!