“Good tapas” 4 of 5 stars

Melbourne Australia
“Good tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We ate here last night.
We chose some Tapas selections and they were all tasty.
You can also choose the steak and ala carte or Mexican.
All were good, service was very swift.
I would happily return.

Visited May 2014

Bromley, United Kingdom
“Good Food and Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My partner and I ate at this excellent restaurant during the evening of Friday, April 18,on the second of a four days break in Amsterdam. We had read good reports about it on Tripadvisor and we are pleased to now add our own favourable recommendations.

It's better to request a table away from the door, as it can be rather draughty nearer to it. Apart from that, the restaurant is very pleasantantly decorated, the tables, cutlery and glass are all clean and the staff were friendly and willing to offer good service.

Neither of us wanted a starter which, in my case, was as well, because the size of my main dish was very large indeed. I had the spare ribs with barbecue sauce and chips and there was best part of a double rack to get through. They were utterly delicious and really tender and I was hard put to finish them; but I did!! I had no room for a dessert, so had a beer instead.

My partner chose the fresh tuna steak with vegetables and she thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very well-cooked and a large portion. She followed that with a creme brulee dessert and chose a white wine as her accompanying drink.

The total bill came to around fifty euros which, for two people in a city such as Amsterdam, is very good value for money indeed. We live in London and know only too well how it pays to look around for value for money dining places. Castillo is good, deserves its good reputation and we both recommend it. We are re-visitng Amsterdam later this year and will eat here again.

Denis and Theresa from London, England.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, California
“Good food and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We chose this for the cuisine and the fact that it is just steps away from our hotel. The tapas were excellent, meatballs in a great sauce, chorizo sautéed in sherry and spices and shrimp in a tasty garlic sauce. The main course was chicken fajitas with a Brazilian twist. The owner Alvaro mixed us up a batch of homemade picante sauce.....wow, it was hot and delicious. The staff seems to all be from Brazil and Chile and were treating us L.A. People like longtime special clients. We hung out with Alvaro after our meal and compared our favorite hangouts in Rio. Highly recommended if you are looking for some Spanish or South American cuisine and are near the Rembrandt Plaza.

Visited April 2014
“Little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

After wondering around for well over 1hr we stumbled upon Castillo. Fortunately for us we managed to get our table for 6 even though the place was rammed to the rafters (always a good sign).
Ribs & chicken was gorgeous. My partners steak was pretty much still moo-ing. She should have sent it back but opted not too. However the staff insisted on a free cocktail when they cleared our plates as it should have came 'medium'.
All in all we had a nice evening :0)

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We came across this just wandering around and went in as it looked inviting from outside. I had mussels starter and shared a mixed grill for two as a main course. Everything was cooked to my liking and tasted delicious. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2014