“Quaint, consistant & good food.” 4 of 5 stars

020 422 88 90
Website
Improve this listing
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quaint, consistant & good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I thank TripAdvisor® for [finally] listing this wonderful cafe. Finally people can write about how good it is to eat here!

What I like about this place:
- Its unpretentious but service is good. Prompt, attentive and friendly.
- Food is really good (compared to so many other cafes in Amsterdam) but prices are so so reasonable.
- The space is large and airy, with nice views of the Singel canal and the flower market.
- HEMA is just downstairs, V&D is upstairs and I simply cannot get enough of these two outlets.

Since discovering it a good few months ago, I tend to eat here everytime I am in the city or when I have friends visiting. WHy?? Because they are consistant with service and food quality. So many cafes in the city are so disappointing whereby you simply get ignored by wait staff... so Replay stands out in this respect. Portions are generous and the weekly menu is always interesting. And the bread that comes with every main meal is always fresh, smells great and cut in thick slices.

Things I would recommend there :
- The iced coffee
- Cheese tostis
- The Club Sandwich (its large, so I hope you are hungry)
- Their salads on the 'SPECIALS' board

Food mainly has a Meditteranian flavour ... lots of olive oil, garlic, fresh flavours, nothing too heavy. The last time I was there I had a delicious Warm Lamb and Tomato Salad with a Honey & Thyme dressing. A tosti will cost you about €3, a sandwich about €7 and a main meal €12 - 13.

Its in such a convenient location too! After walking the streets of Damrak and Rokin, it makes sense to lunch at Replay and then continue on to the flower markets and Rambrandt Square. I can only hope that by reviewing Replay here the place won't suddenly get swamped by tourists and prices go thru the roof.

• Visited October 2011