Just returned from a 3 night break with my girlfriend. We arrived early in Amsterdam and walked to the hotel from Centraal Station - about 20mins.
At the hotel (around midday) and we were offered the upgrade to a room with a canal view and tea/coffee facilities for an extra 20 euros a night - we took it and were pleasantly surprised to find we were able to access our room straight away - that was really handy.
The room was clean and basic, similar to a Travelodge and although the shower room was basic, it was clean and the pod made it quite funky. The best thing was how quiet the room was - being at the back of the building on the top floor (Room 611) we had a lovely canal view rather than looking at a busy main road at the front of the building. The bed was very comfy and the air con worked fine.
With a simple tourist map, it was easy to find Dam Square - again 15-20min walk through Nieuwmarkt and the Red Light District. At no point did we feel unsafe walking to/from the city centre in daylight or in the dark.
We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel so I couldn't comment, but there are some lovely cafes nearby - Tisfris for example (if you turn right coming out of the hotel take the right at the main road and pass the shops and supermarket is then across the road by the canal) did a lovely breakfast for under 10euros each - and the service was great.
Back to the hotel, they gave us fresh towels, tea & coffee every day, there was no noise from other guests and they have a very secure store room for luggage if you need to leave it after check-out.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay there, and for a city break like Amsterdam, its clean, basic, great value for money, really well located away from the noise but close enough to walk (or cycle if you're brave enough) to everywhere. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we'd definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera hotel is ideally located in the city centre, a few minutes from the Stopera Opera House, Dam Square, Rembrandtplein and Waterlooplein. Easily accessible by public transport or by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City Stopera