My boyfriend and I stayed here in August 2012 for 3 nights. The hotel is like any other Ibis budget hotel. Our room was basic and functional yet quite spacious.
There was a lack of hanging space for our clothes which wasn't too much of an issue for us as we were only there for a few days. Our bathroom was very small but the shower was huge which was a plus. I found it a bit tight for space when drying my hair etc.
The room was very clean and it was exactly what we wanted. We didn't need luxury, we only wanted somewhere we could sleep and this place was perfect. I'm not sure what floor we were on but we had a lovely view out the back of the hotel over the canal which was really peaceful.
The breakfast was quite expensive (16e pp) so unfortunately we did not avail of this service but we found plenty of cafes nearby.
We planned to eat at the restaurant one night but it was closing by the time we got there. Luckily there was a vending machine so at least we had something. The city centre was just a bit too far to go back and get some food.
Although this hotel is a good distance from the city centre (10 - 15 mins or so) it is a scenic and enjoyable walk. I have great memories of this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera hotel is ideally located in the city centre, a few minutes from the Stopera Opera House, Dam Square, Rembrandtplein and Waterlooplein. Easily accessible by public transport or by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City Stopera