“Great location, clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera

Save Saved
You added Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera to your Saves list
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Valkenburgerstraat 68, 1011 LZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Ranked #96 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location, clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here with my husband on a 2 night weekend break, We arrived earlier than the check in time with the view to storing our bags but we were lucky enough to be given a room straight away, with a canal view at no extra charge.
The room was as expected, small but comfortable and very clean. As we were at the back of the hotel it was very quiet on our corridor.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
I was very disappointed with the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I did enquire at the desk but was told they were only available if I upgraded to a premium room at a cost of 20 euros per night.
The location is good, about 10/15 mins walk from the train station and hub of activity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1,355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, good breakfast, clean room and very quiet. Easy location for walking everywhere in the city center. We were allowed to leave our luggage in a locked room while we roamed around the city and waited for an early check-in. We were also allowed to leave our luggage after checkout, until we were ready to head to the train station.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Paid 135 euros per night and stayed 3 nights so expected a lot more for my money.
Rooms are basic and the corridor gives a feel of Youth Hostel not hotel.
There are towels provided but it stops there - no shower cap and the shampoo etc provided is that cheap variety that is fixed to wall and is supposed to cover shampoo, hand-wash and shower gel.
No tea/coffee making facilities either.
Our corridor was very noisy with guests close to us coming in in the early hours of the night slamming doors and you can hear everything.
Did not pay the extortionate price of 15 euros for breakfast instead went to the bagel cafe around the corner which was excellent.
I requested a twin room when I booked it back in April but they told me the only way they could guarantee it was if I paid 20 euros per night!! Turns out we go a twin room anyway.
Staff were very friendly and it was clean and the free wifi is a definite bonus.

Room Tip: A friend was given a free upgrade as they arrived late and their room had tea/coffee facilities but...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IbisStopera, General Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you have a good stay with us. Concerning your remark about the surcharge for a specific room type I am surprised. We de ask a surcharge for a specific room, but not for a room type. To be able to sort this out properly I invite you to contact me to sort this out properly to be able to improve this part of our service as well.
Please feel free to contact me on to discuss this further. Kind regards, Peter Holierook
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here during the weekend of the Amsterdam Marathon (Oct 13). We needed a reasonable sized hotel as there was 12 of us staying. We chose this hotel based on location and price, it was clean, functional and the staff were very helpful. When we arrived we were told we had a twin room but could upgrade to a double with a canal view, we declined, friends who arrived later were given an upgrade for free as I assume no other rooms were available. Our room was at the back of the hotel and overlooked the dining room of the hotel next door, it was at least quiet. The rooms are ok, clean and functional, at the end of the day we spent little time there. The location was great, walking distance to the centre and plenty of places to eat nearby, supermarket round the corner. It was however expensive for what you got at 439 euros for three nights, can only assume this was due to demand with the marathon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Peter Holierook.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here during IBC 2013 when hotel rooms basically double in price but I was able to get a deal which was about €110 per night which is very good. The rooms are functional, I had a triple so it was quite large but all the space was taken up by beds (there was only me!) the view was decent but on the whole it was quite noisy, sadly the staff start vacuuming at about 0715 with the doors open (I will never understand this). The rooms do need some tea and coffee making facilities but the price and location lead me to give it 4 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to IBIS Amsterdam Centre Stopera . I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the cleaning/hovering. The room attendants normally are starting at 9.00 hours and are not allowed to start hovering before 10.00 hours. There for I kindly ask you to let me know on which morning of your stay you have experienced this to be able to sort this out. Kind regards, Peter Holierook.

Been to Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera? Share your experiences!