We spent four days at Ibis Stopera in mid July. Chose the hotel based on its reviews at TripAdvisor, me having Accor card (some discount) and its price level - and were pretty pleased.
It is not any luxury hotel, but you should not expect any luxury with their prices. It is a nice hotel, with reatively small rooms and kind of cubicle bathroom (the room and bathroom reminded me of the ships travelling between Finland and Sweden their bigger cabins are very much like Ibis Stopera hotel rooms). The rooms were very clean and they had everything you needed - and nothing extra. The mattress of the bed was at least for me far too hard and I woke up all days with pain in my back.
The staff was very friendly and they did all they could to get us the rooms on the canal side of the hotel (lovely quiet rooms, thank you so much for them) and to give one room to us already at noon, so we were able to go to change warmer clothes on, as unfortunately the weather in Amsterdam was rather cool and rainy during our stay.
We had no breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. For breakfast there are lots of places in the neighborhood. We loved bagels for breakfast! For dinner around Rembrandt Place there are lots of options.
There are tram and underground stops relatively closese to the hotel, but it is also so close that you can walk almost everywhere. We bought 96 hours public transport tickets at very reasonable price and used them in trams every day.
If I had been alone I think I would have been scared to walk the last 100 metres from the tram stop to the hotel in the evening. However, as long as you are not on your own, walking is just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera hotel is ideally located in the city centre, a few minutes from the Stopera Opera House, Dam Square, Rembrandtplein and Waterlooplein. Easily accessible by public transport or by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City Stopera