“A good hotel for its price level” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera

Bookmark
You added Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera to your Saves list
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Valkenburgerstraat 68, 1011 LZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #104 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Helsinki, Finland
“A good hotel for its price level”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We spent four days at Ibis Stopera in mid July. Chose the hotel based on its reviews at TripAdvisor, me having Accor card (some discount) and its price level - and were pretty pleased.

It is not any luxury hotel, but you should not expect any luxury with their prices. It is a nice hotel, with reatively small rooms and kind of cubicle bathroom (the room and bathroom reminded me of the ships travelling between Finland and Sweden their bigger cabins are very much like Ibis Stopera hotel rooms). The rooms were very clean and they had everything you needed - and nothing extra. The mattress of the bed was at least for me far too hard and I woke up all days with pain in my back.

The staff was very friendly and they did all they could to get us the rooms on the canal side of the hotel (lovely quiet rooms, thank you so much for them) and to give one room to us already at noon, so we were able to go to change warmer clothes on, as unfortunately the weather in Amsterdam was rather cool and rainy during our stay.

We had no breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. For breakfast there are lots of places in the neighborhood. We loved bagels for breakfast! For dinner around Rembrandt Place there are lots of options.

There are tram and underground stops relatively closese to the hotel, but it is also so close that you can walk almost everywhere. We bought 96 hours public transport tickets at very reasonable price and used them in trams every day.

If I had been alone I think I would have been scared to walk the last 100 metres from the tram stop to the hotel in the evening. However, as long as you are not on your own, walking is just fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sibiu, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights.
Ibis hotels basically look similar regardless where you go in Europe.
What I can say about this one: it was clean, big bathroom, good breakfast. I was surprised about the variety of choices in the breakfast. Also the restaurant looked really nice.
I also liked the position of the hotel. We had a canal view on our room and the hotel was 10 minuted walkind distance from the center of entertainment in Amsterdam. Very convenient.

I think you won't be dissapointed if you choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

Very nice hotel as all Ibises. No surprise and no disappointment! Everything as per standard!
Special thank to Maya at reception, she is very helpful, friendly and professional! And all others were perfect at reception, hostess, housekeeper!
Thank you to everyone!
Location is also nice, 10-15 min away from the city centre, bug not so crowdy and noisy as there.
Breakfast is fir 15euro, but it is fine.
Taxi service was also perfect and in time.

• Stayed July 2011
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

The hotel location was very convenient and the rates were reasonable. Hotel is clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel was recommended to me by a friend who stayed there before and I would definitely recommend it to friends and will stay there again next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in April and decided for Ibis because we were afraid of making a wrong choice, and in Amsterdam it's not so dificult to do so. Well, It's similar to all the other Ibis, it's also big and the staff was very friendly and giving. The breakfast was excelent (for a Ibis...). The only minor issue was theren`t many people walking at the hotel area at night, so I don't know if it's secure and the free internet was only for one hour per day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Canal View
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed on a personal trip after a terrible experience in a Paris hotel, what a breath of fresh air!
The location is ideal, as I took a taxi from the main station for about 15 Euros. It is a very safe, quiet neighborhood with a grocery store, countless real coffee shops, restaurants and the typical dutch smoke/coffee shops in the area. It is a 5-10minute walk to the red light district and all the party action. I walked back to the train station on my departure and that was a 15-20minute safe walk. Amsterdam is very walkable or bikeable and really is the preferred mode of transportation to see every unique shop and street. The museum district and Holland casino is 20-30 minutes walk, but well worth the effort as the entire city is great to explore.
The checkin was effortless and a great experience. The front desk staff smiled, were helpful and full of information. I observed how they treated guests on several occasions and it was consistent and five star. They gave me several recommendations for restaurants and information on transportation. There is a bike rental next door to the hotel.
We were given a room on the back of the hotel, which I would highly recommend if you are able to obtain. It overlooked the canal and had a charming view. It was a large room with great wooden floors. The bathroom had excellent space, the shower head a strong flow and the towels were soft. The bathroom was spotless.
The double size bed was very comfortable. There was flat screen TV with one english channel available. We weren't in the room that much. It has a safe deposit box in the room. There were only two negatives about the room, We hope in the future that they install coffee makers, as there is not anywhere to get a cup of coffee prior to 730A in the hotel(without a charge) or on the streets. We also think that there should be more than three pillows on the bed. Those are minor and liveable.
The breakfast was adequate for 12 Euros with basic cereals, bread, yougurt, some fresh fruit and a daily selection of baked beans, scrambled eggs, sausage, cold ham, gouda cheese and cold salami. The coffee machine was the highlight of the meal. Hopefully in the future they are going to add some more selections to add some zest to the experience.
There is a pay by the minute computer in the lobby, which really was a great value for me. For one Euro, I was able to access the web for 11 minutes. They have inernet packages which one was 3 days for around 11 Euros(that could be the wrong amount) for unlmiited web access.
I usually pick a hotel with a gym, but because the rate was worth my stay, I gave up that perk.
I did not have cocktails nor dinner, but their Pasta restaurant always had lots of action. It was a very busy hotel full of tourist and business types. One of my friends was given a triple bed room and I was impressed with the size of the room and the beds.
So, Thank-you Ibis Stopera for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel away from the street. Floor probaly doesn't matter
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera? Share your experiences!