“this is more like it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Amsterdam Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Amsterdam Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Amsterdam Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stationsplein 49, 1012 AB, 1012 AB Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #100 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Inverness, United Kingdom
“this is more like it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

very nice hotel with friendly professional staff. very clean Great view. I would definitely stay here again. fantastic location. My brother broke his leg and the woman on the hotel information desk was so helpful. Also the girl on the reception when we arrived was very funny, having a wee unexpected joke with us. I liked that, it was a nice touch and very endearing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Thrumsterchon,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was helpful.

Please wish your brother all the best from me!

Thank you again for your kind words and we're looking forward to your next visit.

2,276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I and my husband stayed 4 nights in this hotel during March, 2014. Its location is the best to travel around Amsterdam with buses, trams, or boats. It is on the right of the Centraal station and has big bicycle parking lots in the front. Damrak, Dam square, red light district and some museums are in walking distance, other attractions can be reached by public transports which are in front of the station nearby.
As Ibis style, room size is a bit small for 2 persons with 2 medium size luggage.
I stayed on the first floor, facing the canal, little noise from the train was acceptable.
Front staff were nice and helpful.
The room was clean for the first 2 nights, it seem like the housekeepers just came to remake the bed and changed towels, did not vacuum and clean the shower room.
However, it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel to friends if they come to Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Annie89302,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location and the assistance of our staff.

Your feedback concerning the cleanliness of the room, I do apologise for that. I will inform our Facility Manager about this matter.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

North Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel overnight as part of a.package. We found our room to be compact but very well modernised with a nicely appointed shower room. We had a great view down the river and had no issues with noise from the trains below. The breakfast buffet was up to our expectations and.the staff very helpfull. Checkout time is 12 o'clock and their is a secure room to leave your luggage. We were abit surprised on checking in to be asked for a 50euro deposit on my credit card to cover any breakages , we are both in our 60s and not exactly up for.wild.partying!!. Overall a good a good hotel for a short stay near to the town centre.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear bongobob60,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stopped here over a long weekend last week and found it be a decent hotel with the rooms very clean and also with British TV if your having a rest from all the walking. although a bit basic it wasn't a real problem as the price for it being located in the city next to the station was a bit of bargain.

The staff were very friendly and were keen to help and the secure luggage store meant check out times are not a problem if your flight Is later on.

For a first time visit and maybe wanting a point of reference with it being next to the station I would highly recommend it.

The station it's self has a good number of shops and all very reasonably priced which wouldn't be the case in England where a scotch egg costs more than a house in Scotland

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DennisRullens, Commercial Manger at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Scott A,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

North East England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Arrived 15th March For Hen Party, Pleasantly Surprised. Rooms are not huge but big enough for a couple of nights stay, very clean, free use of the safe which I would definitely recommend as there are a lot of thieves out there. TV in room, hairdryer located in bathroom. Only complaint was the room was too warm despite having air conditioning unit, could have done with windows opening up a little more. We were on the 9th floor so didn't have a problem with noise. Breakfast was 16 euros for an all you can eat buffet, largely continental though.yoy can get an English breakfast close by bit almost same price by the time you have a coffee and juice. Would definitely stay here again & recommend. Easy to get to from airport via train.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sonialou2000,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to come back.

Your feedback concerning the windows and aircooling; because of railway safety regulations we're not allowed to open the windows any further, but at least sufficient fresh air is coming in.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's a little ironic that I use the word uncomplicated to describe my stay at the Ibis, since I had to change lifts to get to my floor and it couldn't be just any lift, just those in the end of the entrance hall... but don't worry, everything has very clear signs.
I say it's uncomplicated because it's very easy to reach, it has a reasonable breakfast and the location as a sightseeing basis is very convenient, not only for Amsterdam, but for the neighboring areas too. Also, the TV has the option of setting an alarm, which is something I appreciate.
Downsides: it is so close that it can literally be too close to the train station in terms of noise, but as I was staying in the 9th floor, I can't complain about that. I do complain that the water pressure in the shower was very very weak up there. Also I didn't like the system: shower gel - shampoo - face soap all in one.
By the way, the room is small and there isn't much space to hang the clothes. Anyway, I've seen people complaining about that also when talking about other hotels from Amsterdam in the same price range.
Be aware: even at 9 o'clock in the morning you might be surprised by window cleaning activities outside the building. It's good that I was already ready to leave, otherwise I might have felt that my privacy was being violated, since I like to have natural light in the room and, on the 9th floor, I wasn't expecting that someone might get the chance to have a peek inside.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear JoaoAM,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre. I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location.

Your complaint concerning the water pressure, you are completely right. Last week there was a problem with the technical installation. Should there be something wrong with room, we encourage you to contact our reception. Should there be a technical issue we will fix it within 15 minutes.
Regarding the soap and shampoo, this is standard in every ibis hotel across the world to help conserve the environment. By using a single product and tube instead of several small plastic bottles, we save huge amounts of waste.

The size of the room can be considered as 'cute', which is often the case in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately we can't change the size of the rooms

I sincerely apologize for the fact that that the window cleaners stood in front of your window. I can imagine that it felt that your privacy was violated. I will inform our Facility Manager about this, to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you encountered. I do appreciate your feedback, which is most valuable to us.

It is my hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed her over New Years 2013/14
The rooms are modern and clean and the staff were very friendly
Its right next to the central station so you can get a train straight from the airport no hassles!
Its very well located and can be seen from many places in the city!
Would have been nice if there were tea and coffee making facilities but it is a budget hotel
On the first night it was very hot and we couldnt sleep - found the heat was turned up very high and would have been nice to no about this
Also have an inhouse bar and restaurant that is very affordable
Will stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guffin29,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us in our beautiful city!

Should you need a kettle during a future stay, you can always borrow one at our reception desk.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.
We're looking forward to welcoming you again!

Commercial Manager

Been to Ibis Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!