“Overall quite uncomplicated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Amsterdam Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Amsterdam Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Amsterdam Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stationsplein 49, 1012 AB, 1012 AB Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #104 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Lisbon, Portugal
“Overall quite uncomplicated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's a little ironic that I use the word uncomplicated to describe my stay at the Ibis, since I had to change lifts to get to my floor and it couldn't be just any lift, just those in the end of the entrance hall... but don't worry, everything has very clear signs.
I say it's uncomplicated because it's very easy to reach, it has a reasonable breakfast and the location as a sightseeing basis is very convenient, not only for Amsterdam, but for the neighboring areas too. Also, the TV has the option of setting an alarm, which is something I appreciate.
Downsides: it is so close that it can literally be too close to the train station in terms of noise, but as I was staying in the 9th floor, I can't complain about that. I do complain that the water pressure in the shower was very very weak up there. Also I didn't like the system: shower gel - shampoo - face soap all in one.
By the way, the room is small and there isn't much space to hang the clothes. Anyway, I've seen people complaining about that also when talking about other hotels from Amsterdam in the same price range.
Be aware: even at 9 o'clock in the morning you might be surprised by window cleaning activities outside the building. It's good that I was already ready to leave, otherwise I might have felt that my privacy was being violated, since I like to have natural light in the room and, on the 9th floor, I wasn't expecting that someone might get the chance to have a peek inside.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear JoaoAM,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre. I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location.

Your complaint concerning the water pressure, you are completely right. Last week there was a problem with the technical installation. Should there be something wrong with room, we encourage you to contact our reception. Should there be a technical issue we will fix it within 15 minutes.
Regarding the soap and shampoo, this is standard in every ibis hotel across the world to help conserve the environment. By using a single product and tube instead of several small plastic bottles, we save huge amounts of waste.

The size of the room can be considered as 'cute', which is often the case in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately we can't change the size of the rooms

I sincerely apologize for the fact that that the window cleaners stood in front of your window. I can imagine that it felt that your privacy was violated. I will inform our Facility Manager about this, to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you encountered. I do appreciate your feedback, which is most valuable to us.

It is my hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Commercial Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed her over New Years 2013/14
The rooms are modern and clean and the staff were very friendly
Its right next to the central station so you can get a train straight from the airport no hassles!
Its very well located and can be seen from many places in the city!
Would have been nice if there were tea and coffee making facilities but it is a budget hotel
On the first night it was very hot and we couldnt sleep - found the heat was turned up very high and would have been nice to no about this
Also have an inhouse bar and restaurant that is very affordable
Will stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guffin29,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us in our beautiful city!

Should you need a kettle during a future stay, you can always borrow one at our reception desk.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.
We're looking forward to welcoming you again!

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our first time in Amsterdam and I would happily go back. The hotel was so easy to find, very friendly, welcoming staff, very comfortable too. Yeah there is noise from the trains but your in a city centre, what would you expect from booking a hotel right next to the train station! It really does not effect your stay if it gets loud shut the window. Otherwise your not supposed to be in the room your supposed to be out exploring!

We stayed in room 632 which was on the side of the hotel looking back towards the station. Very comfortable, massive shower! Always a bonus.

Amsterdam itself is a beautiful city to visit. So much to see around every corner. I would recommend going on the trip to see the Windmills. The area is stunning and being able to visit the cheese factory and clog factory made it worth every penny.

You must also go on the canal cruise, its a great way to see places that perhaps you may not of walked to.

You can obviously go to Amsterdam with only a small budget but we did find that food and drink can become expensive depending on where you go. We ate in New Dorrius restaurant on the final night of our stay and I wish we had of eaten there every night. The food was fantastic, not cheap, but for us as a couple it was delicious.

All in all it was a great trip, the hotel was perfect for us. Breakfast of fresh pastries, fruit, meats, cheeses and the normal eggs/beans/sausages set us up for the day.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

PS look out for the bikes!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mike5072,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us in our beautiful city.

Thank you for your kind words and we're looking forward to your next visit!

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

1st time in Amsterdam we loved it,we picked the ibis for its location,this worked out well as all buses trams and trains come back to this main area outside the train station.Hotel was great bed comfy heating good kept room nice and warm .very clean and tidy nice décor and no trouble with noise best thing was free safe and being able to leave our cases all day on our last day so we could go everywhere and pick up cases just before catching the train back to the airport.staff very helpful and friendly our only complaint would be that the cooked items at breakfast were cold shame but the choice of breads pastries cheese and hams etc more than kept us satisfied !lovely yougarts and plenty of fruit all kinds of tea too you can also make a coffee to take away.we had an amazing time and cant wait to come back.do not miss anne franks house it is a very moving experience but make sure you prebook a timed ticket on line .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear jayne h,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staf was friendly and helpful

Thank you for your feedback concerning the breakfast, I will inform the F&B manager about this.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Commercial Manager

Been to Ibis Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!