“It did the job!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre

You added Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre to your Saves list
Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Damrak 42-43, 1012 LK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #307 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“It did the job!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at the delta for 3 nights in February. Our room was clean, the towels were changed daily and the room was warm, staff were friendly. It is a run down hotel, but you get for what you pay for, We have no complaints at all. The restaurant downstairs was clean, the buffet breakfast was nice and the restaurant staff also very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 229 is perfect!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

Had a one night stay as a group of 8 lads on a 'Dutch Dash' and it was perfect for what we needed. A base to leave the bags and somewhere clean to sleep. I didn't sample the food, but would have no qualms about booking here for future visits.

• Stayed February 2012
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The hotel Delta is a very basic hotel. I was put off by the dirty old exterior and inside the reception area was not much better. However the staff and the location are the best I have come across in Amsterdam. Views of Dam Sq, the red light district and much more all from your hotel window and frankly when in the Amsterdam spirit (after a coffee shop or too!) the hotel delta seemed a good place to be. Quick, convenient and best of all they keep your luggage until home time and as they are right next to the station it's only two minutes on your journey!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is not three stars! First room i was given had no windows and two large boxes covering holes which led outside with freezing cold air. I was moved to another room but this was rundown, bathroom was no bigger that a shoebox. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at the Delta Hotel over the Christmas and New Years break. We had seen all the bad reviews, mice, water leaks etc, after we had made our booking, and were quite worried leading up to our stay. In all honesty I believe people were being over dramatic in previous reviews because our room was clean , we didn't see any mice and the beds were comfy. We stayed in room 005 ground floor. This hotel is perfect if you want to be right in the middle of the action. The Red Light District and Centraal train station is only a five min walk from the hotel and there is plenty of places to get something to eat if you get the munchies ;). The only thing I have to say is the meals at the hotel restaurant weren't that great and the staff weren't overly friendly, otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a ground floor room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I took my 73 year old mother on a much needed break last week, and was anxious about the negative reviews that I saw after I had booked it. Within 2 minutes of arrival, we were both made to feel very welcome by John behind the counter. The room itself was small, but spotlessly clean, and they gave us exactly what we requested on booking. As for the breakfast, the "cold" breakfast included HOT baked beans, scrambled eggs and bacon - as much as we could eat. It also included cereals, fruit, yoghurt, orange juice and toast, as well as a cold meat & cheese selection. I'm lost about what anyone would find fault with this as it's included in the price. All the staff were helpful, and above all, friendly and welcoming. I came over from Glasgow, and have stayed in dumps and 5 star hotels. When I next come back to Amsterdam, I'm not going to look beyond this hotel when making my booking. I completely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I read the reviews of this hotel before we travelled but tried to keep an open mind!

First and foremost, the hotel's best feature is it's location! This was the reason we booked it and the hotel could not be better situated or easier to find. We arrived from the airport by train and it was just a couple of minutes walk from the station, and centrally located for everything else.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and as mentioned in previous reviews we did have to pay a €25 deposit when we checked in. I found it strange that we were asked to hand in our room key to reception every time we left the hotel and had to ask for it back on our return. But it didn't cause any problems.

Our double room (107 on the first floor) was shabby looking and dated as I had expected from reading the reviews. That didn't worry me too much though. The room was a generous size and was at the front of the hotel directly above the main entrance. There was a lot of street noise......if you were a light sleeper you'd maybe want to ask for a quieter room, but I'm not and we enjoyed being able to see what was going on in the busy street outside.

The TV had a good choice of English language channels, and the free Wi-Fi (which is only supposed to work in the public areas) worked in our room too, so that was a plus. The bathroom was clean and functional, and the shower was hot and extremely powerful - but the shower head was hung far to high on the wall for most people! Luckily my husband is 6'5" and could get it down for me - I could never have reached it myself! Towels were changed daily, and shower gel, handwash and hairdryer are provided in the bathroom too.

Breakfast was basic. There wasn't much choice, but what there was was sufficient to fill you up for the morning, and staff were constantly replenishing the food so nothing ever ran out, even when we were among the last ones in for breakfast.

Now.........the mice!! We didn't take food in our room, but they still came looking for it! I'm not particularly squeamish about things like that, and didn't think the odd mouse would bother me. But it wasn't just the odd one.......you could hear them scratching about in the room all night long, and I have to admit even I was a bit freaked out by it!

Would I stay here again? If it wasn't for the mice, yes. If you're lucky enough to get a room without any, this is a friendly, well priced hotel for the location. But the mice were a step too far for me!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre? Share your experiences!