It's true what they say you get what you pay for.
This hotel is actually at the back of the similarly named for added confusion Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel.
You can access the hotel via either lobby so the only major difference we found was the room quality. Our friends upgraded to the sister hotel on arrival and we decided to stay in this hotel.
The rooms are a little small but perfectly adequate, the bathroom however tended to flood and make the carpet in the small hallway of the room wet.
Other than this though the hotel more than made up for it in being well located for budget accommodation. Staff were helpful when you could find them but to be fair it was easy enough to walk through to the alternate reception for the sister hotel.
Overall a great budget hotel in a lovely location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eden Hotel Amsterdam – Hampshire Eden is in a unique location. Right on the Amstel and with an abundance of hot spots within easy reach: Rembrandtplein, the Stopera, Waterlooplein, De Kleine Komedie and Theater Carre. Various museums are close by including Rembrandthuis Museum and Foam photography museum. The area is also teaming with options for dining out as well as fantastic shopping streets, such as Kalverstraat and Leidsestraat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Eden Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Eden Hotel
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Hotel
- Best Western Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Amsterdam
- Best Western Hotel Amsterdam