“Looks nice, great area.... Thats about it!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden

Save Saved
You added Eden Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden to your Saves list
Eden Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Amstel 144, Amsterdam 1017 AE, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #146 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Newport
“Looks nice, great area.... Thats about it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

This was my 2nd stay at the Eden. (Also stayed in 2002) And to be honest I only had good memories from the stay. So when I seen a good deal to stay for 2nights I quickly booked up.
It worked out around 130Euros in total for 2 nights in a double, with taxes. Which Is not bad considering last year 4 of us payed over £540 for 5 nights In what only could be called 'a Sty' and a accident waiting to happen! (The Globe - DONT STAY)
So the hotel is nice to look at. Its been updated since my last stay. Then we got to our room. This thing was tiny! Trendy but Tiny. Definetly the smallest room Ive stayed in. And pretty dirty too. There was hairs and thick dust in the bathroom. The towel was ripped. the carpet was stained.
Then at just past 7am two people just walked in my room, chatting away! I woke up and they just say "Oh theres someone In this room?" Giggled and walked out! No sorry? Hmmm
Ive stayed at 3 different hotels In the City and The Eden Is the smartest. (Most of them seem as bad as each other) Personaly I wouldent stay there again. But It is in a nice part of town, and if you can get a good deal, I wouldnt put you off.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Edenbuzz, General Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
Here we are again, dear repeat guest.
Thanks for letting everyone know that we have refurbished all bedrooms in the Eden Hotel Amsterdam. It's really a pitty that the bathroom was not up to what you should expect. Our apologies also for the early disturbance in the morning.
And it's fine that you visited us on one of our promotional rates. However the lower the prices - the chance to get a smaller room becomes bigger - and we have a few that are really tiny. Try the canal view rooms next time you visit us.
Kind regards

1,381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Weston, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

I am really disappointed with my stay at the hotel. I do not have any complaint for my two nights stay (Nov 17, 18). However, someone took 3 new Longchamp purses and a scarf that my wife had accidentally left in the room and just few hours after we had checked out and having communicated the incident to the reception upon our return to the hotel to get the luggage left in the storage room, those items could not be found. There was little effort to contact the employees responsible for cleaning up the room and get the problem resolved before my departure.I may have lost those valuable items but the hotel is loosing much more since your reputation is being badly hurt by the actions of some of your employees that cannot be trusted. For being a hotel guest you must expect some kind of respect and we did not.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Edenbuzz, General Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden, responded to this review, November 27, 2009
Dear guest,
I can understand your anger and disappointment when having to accept the loss of your belongings. I trust our employees until we have evident proof that they are not worth it. In your case your purses just weren't there anymore. We have spoken to the cleaner and housekeeping supervisor. Security measures will be taken to verify our trust.
I regret that your trip to Amsterdam has ended so negatively and will be in touch with you personally in case we have further news.
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

Booked 3 nights in this hotel. It's the fourth time I've been to this hotel and my impression is that all things got worse this year. Arrived at 2 pm and my room wasn't ready yet although I booked 3 months in advance! In addition the hotel used to have 2 receptions working, one on Amstel and the other behind: when I arrived only one reception was working. But I was astonished when after a day outside I found my room not cleaned up and not arranged. I needed 2 phone calls to the main desk to have 2 new towels in my room because nobody cared about this. I won't never book again in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dear folks,
Again an unhappy traveller. What a shame. Things are going more efficient with one reception desk now but cleaning of this guests' room took ages. There are no excuses - we can do better.
Great regards from sunny Amsterdam
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

The eden hotel was very nice, myself and my partner throughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms are very nice, very clean and fairly spacious. A 10/15 minute walk from the centre of amsterdam and even quicker if you cycle. All in all a nice hotel and would definetly reccomend it.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Me and the Mrs booked this hotel due to its price and location and because we had stayed at the sister hotel (Rembrandt) before. Slightly worried after reading the reviews but we needn't be. The hotel is clean and tidy but our standard room was very small but manageable. Barely enough room for our luggage. It felt crowded when we were getting ready in the mornings but it's not too bad. The bed, like the room, is a bit on the small side but very comfortable. The bathroom was new and clean with a bath and shower head. Small shower screen meant the floor got wet but that's no biggie as there is a drainage system along the floor. We had a room on the 3rd floor and our window looked out on to a pedestrian side road and to the right you could see the canal. The mrs moaned that there was no minibar but I was glad as once the munchies struck I would have cleaned that baby out. Overall this hotel was very good for us as it provided a clean and comfortable base to explore the city from and sleep in. Would definitely recommend to anyone with doubts, as long as a small room doesn't put you off. The view all depends on your luck unless you book a canal facing room.

Munich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

The best thing about this hotel is its location. Our room was quiet but it's just about a minute from Rembrandt Square where you can find bars and clubs as well as the next Tram-Station.

Though we booked an "executive room" which was advertised as being about 35sqm, it was definitely smaller (maybe 20sqm)
The first thing we noticed upon arrival was a sticky stain on the stool. The bath didn't seem to be cleaned at all... Hair scattered on the floor and a hairy/gooey-spot next to the bathtube.
Neither did Housekeeping bother with cleaning this the next day, nor did they change our used teacups.
We had to call roomservice for the towels as there weren't any when we arrived. The next day we had to call again as they only brought towels for one person.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

The location of this hotel is excellent, it's in a nice and quiet location very close to Rembrandt square. The first night and first room we got was great until we got woken up the next morning because of a massive water leak from the ceiling, the water was literally flooding in from the ceiling right next to the bed and cause it was such a small room a few things got wet but you get what you pay for because other than that the cleanliness was great apart from the ceiling! You could see stains on the ceiling from where there were water leaks from before. They did move us into another room, it was quite smelly and the staff were a little funny when I mentioned that it was and there was nothing they did so I just used mr spray. All in all i would say this is only an average hotel, nothing special and the prices could be taken down abit because the rooms are tiny!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Eden Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden? Share your experiences!