Our stay is many years ago, when it still was a Best- Western Hotel, so it is very likely that some bigger changes have been made already and there has been some bigger refurbishment or renovation in the meantime.
For us the location of the hotel was very good and very central in the heart of the city. Every point of interest could be reached quickly, convenient and easily. The hotel itself was a very average middle-class hotel for us. The rooms were quite small and looked quite old and worn already, especially the furniture. There was a minimum of amenities available. The staff was busy all time, as the hotel experienced a very busy time with a very high occupancy.
They all tried to assist us,however, as good as possible, but provided a minimum standard
only in communication, help and assistance during our stay.
All the furniture, the amenities, the interior etc. was kept on a minimum for a middle-class hotel at that time. But all the most important things for a daily traveller were available or accessible upon request and a very minimum of comfort was provided in the rooms and in the hotel, but not really more than that. For us it was a very simple and average middle- class hotel in the three star sector, which provided an accomodation for one or two nights and so we could do a lot of walking and sightseeing in the whole city, due to the very central location and due to the fact that we had a place where to stay and sleep.
All the amenities, the interior, the facilities, the eqipment of the rooms etc. it was all kept on a very simple and minimum level. The front-desk staff, the housekeeping etc. were so busy that there was to time or possibility for a short converstaion or to really request our wishes or needs.
All the communication with all the staff was kept on a very minimum, because it was peak season for travel and the occupancy was very high and guests from all over the world were checking-in and out all the time. The cleaniness was okay, but it was also kept on an absolute minimum. There definitey was one hair in my bed at that time. I would come again if the price is not too high and I have again a stopover in the city and apparently there has been some refurbishment in the meantime also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally-located Hotel housed in building dating from 1780 overlooking Amstel River, near the Rembrandtsplein. Certified with the Golden Green Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Eden Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Eden Hotel
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Hotel
- Best Western Amsterdam
- Best Western Eden Amsterdam
- Best Western Hotel Amsterdam