We got off to a bad start when they wanted my passports (this is the EU, go away) and got worse when they wanted to charge me for WiFi. I almost left. Glad I didn't, it's a bit old and due for a refurb (hence the ancient systems) but it is comfortable, works, is cheap, and is a longish walk or a short tram to the centre. Staff proved very helpful. In the end, I liked it. Check the date of the review dear reader, I suspect soon it will have a total makeover and cost double. For now, it's a bit of a bargain. Comfortable and even mildly luxurious in a faintly pealing and appealing way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam