The two highlights of this property were the front desk staff and the proximity to the tram. The front desk was extremely helpful, and eager to help, with everything from buying tram passes, to train tickets out of the country to directions, etc. I was very impressed with that. They let us keep our luggage at the property on our last day after we checked out as well. The tram stop is just outside the hotel and down the street a few steps. This made getting anywhere extremely easy and efficient. The room itself was not great, but not awful. The bathroom was the smallest thing I have ever seen. I am not sure I could have shaved my legs in the shower if I tried. There was A/C but it was too noisy to use. We let it cool down the room while we were gone (which it attempted to do, but didn't do all that well) and then turned it off when we returned. I think the hotel was overpriced for the quality of the room, but it seemed the norm for Amsterdam at the time we traveled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam