A bit pricey at 100 pounds a night for 3 Star Hotel, but nothing cheaper for the dates. However, quite adequate and friendly staff. Shower worked well and at least there were tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast extra at 10 pounds each, but a nice cafe across the road (can't remember the name) did a nice healthy, organic option and in fact cheaper.
Convenient for trams into town centre, although a 20 minute walk to Rijsmuseum, plus Van Gough museum.
We found a good Chinese restaurant in Veedijk Straat, called Kam Kee, apparently the most dangerous street in Red Light Area, but now Chinatown. Food was good in a basic place, at 25 Euros for lunch, compared to 50 Euros for 2 at a Sushi place.. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam