We booked this hotel very last minute on 27th March and then checked in at 6 pm on the 28th. We was on the first floor and the room was clean and tidy. When we arrived we asked the receptionist to stay in a balcony room, which she advised was the last room which allowed us to smoke outside. (The balcony was very dirty we must say needs a paint lift). But ask away!
We booked the trip through Expedia & they said 70 euros for the balcony room which we quickly rejected.
The room was basic with two twin beds pushed together. But very comfy. It has a lot of tv channels which caters for all nationalities.
The Hotel had breakfast for €10 all you can eat buffet. We decided to get the number 5 or 24 tram into the city which was easy. For 48 hours it cost us €24 and only takes 15 mins. Otherwise walking is around 25-30 mins which we did on a nice sunny day . There is plently to do round the hotel including different coffee shops that are more traditional e.g. yellow mellow! And restaurants on a nice quite road.
Turning right outside the hotel and walking 200m up to the fish shop and taking a right, is a great cheap supermarket .
We would recommend this hotel just don't smoke inside! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL and Otel so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam