Me and my friend went for my birthday, very nice hotel, from the airport the taxi charged us nearly 40 euros. If i would have known how easy it was to get there on public transport i would have gone for this. WE had room 406 on the 4th floor, a bit annoying that we had to take the lift to the 3rd floor then take stairs, but overall the room was very spacious, bathroom had bath with shower, tea and coffee in room and towels changed daily.The hotel is located not in the central but trams are regular and you can buy a 24, 48 and 72 hour iamsterdam card from reception. There is a little supermarket shop a couple minutes walk away that you can go and buy things which you would like, theres a starbucks and a couple of coffee shops around, couple of resturants also. For nightlife we went to liesbein friday night and ra 2nd night which are both ok theres alot of bars and resturants there they play a lot of dance, hypno kinda music so if thats what you like then you'll be in heaven. You get barged a lot with no sorry so be prepared to drop a couple of drinks bars and clubs, i think its the nor there, drink are so expensive so basically it would be better to drink before going out. There was a night bus 358 which was every hour i think it was perfect because you can use your iamsterdam card.
Theres plenty of places to go during the day depending on what your into, and easily reachable from the hotel.
On the way back to the airport we caught tram number 5 for 2 stops which brought us very close to the train station just a couple mins walk the train ride was about 10mins, so very easy to get to. VERY NICE BREAK AND HOTEL. Also the reception staff are very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, TripOnline SA, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam