Firstly, despite some of the marketing material, this is not a City centre hotel. It's a good 20 minute walk into the centre and we don't hang around when on foot.
That said there's an excellent tram service (No's 5&24) into and out of the centre, from just outside the hotel. A day or multiple day ticket is good value and can be used on all routes.
The hotel was clean, our room it seemed recently refurbished with the usual requisites, for example clean bedding and towels, king sized bed, tea/coffee making facilities, free wi-fi (in reception) etc.
Breakfast was typically continental with ample food to stock for the day.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, providing useful advice when asked.
Amsterdammers celebrate New Year so don't expect too many restaurants and non city-centre bars to be open, particularly on New Years Day. We found some little gems in the De Pijp area of the the City, again within easy reach by tram.
Overall a good stay if not a little expensive for what you get (then again it was New Year so expect to pay more).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam