Amsterdam is an amazing city, and we loved staying at the Beethoven Hotel. The room was comfortable, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was more than adequate. We were a stone's throw away from the tram, so getting to all the interesting places we wanted to visit, like the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum etc. was easy. The staff provided us with tickets for the tram, and booked us on a day trip to Vollendam and Marken. We were picked up from the hotel by bus and taken to the central tour depot.
The "continental" breakfast included a choice of scrambled egg and sausage as well, which was more than adequate for a good tart to the day.
We loved the street we were in, as we could sit and have a good meal while we watched the normal Amsterdam life go by (mostly on bicycles!). It almost felt like we were part of the community, and we had good fun practising our Dutch phrases.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam