I have stayed here 3 times now, over the years. Most recently in November last year. I have never been disappointed and they have always received my on-line bookings (via their website), processed and my room requests have always been honoured. The last time I pitched early in the morning and they were able to accommodate me, even though check-in wasn't officially until 2 pm. English was 'interesting', but the receptionist could make himself understood, and he certainly was competent. The room was super clean, very comfortable, and everything worked. A previous reviewer commented on slow wi-fi - I found it fine as I am used to pathetic broadband availability and speed back home (S. Africa). Breakfast was perfectly adequate but the breakfast room very small. I would recommend grabbing a 'back' table to be away from the noise and hubub closer to reception, which is very busy with folk checking out in the mornings. Although the food was pretty well generic, it was not as 'plastic' as in USA (euqivalent) hotels for example. The room was well serviced when I was out during the day, and it is an extremely pleasant area to walk around - it feels very safe, and there is a pretty park a few blocks away, behind some fairly up-market apartments. The hotel reception has sturdy umbrellas available for guest sue which was very useful as it rained for most of the time I was there! The reasons for staying here are: Relatively decent value (for Amsterdam), it's quieter than Amsterdam central, it's a residential area, well connected by tram to anything you may wish to do/see in Amsterdam, it's a down-to-earth smallish hotel and feels like home. Do not fear public transport in Amsterdam - I travelled extensively on trains, trams and went on a wonderful 4 hr bike tour - leaving from Tourist Info at Amsterdam Central station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is a comfortable and convenient three star hotel in the prestigious Beethovenstraat in the popular neighbourhood Oud-Zuid. Hampshire Hotel – Beethoven is centrally located in Amsterdam, near the city centre, the conference centre Amsterdam RAI, the World Trade Center (WTC) and the VU (university). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam