“decent value accomodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Di-Ann

You added Hotel Di-Ann to your Saves list
Hotel Di-Ann
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuisstraat 27, 1016 DC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #270 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Skegness, United Kingdom
“decent value accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed for one night. Check in was straight forward and staff were friendly and efficient. We was allocated a room overlooking the canal, although the room was a little small it was reasonably clean as was the bathroom, we struggled to control the temperature and my partner found it too warm, the window would open but needed to be propped. Breakfast was good and was quickly replenished if anything ran out. This was our second visit to this hotel and we would book again if we was to visit Amsterdam again as the location is very good, just a three minute walk from Dam Square. If you are going to book remember this is a 2 star hotel, if you want 4 star treatment be prepared to pay the price and book elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel last year and have finally wrote a review. This hotel is a dump and certainly NOT value for money. The bathroom smelt like old urine.. we had to push 2 single beds together even though we asked for a double. The sheets from the bed gave my boyfriend a rash, the time we had to spend in the room was spent wishing we were in the Ritz. The breakfast was very poor, it involved packet cereal and some old bread, you even had to clear your plates away yourself, we ate out on the second morning, thankfully only staying for 2 nights. Amsterdam itself is great, loads to do and great for a first holiday as was ours.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We visited Amsterdam for1 night in December. We found good review of Hotel Di-Ann location and on the website it offered 75 euro a night thought we would give it a go.
Then more than 2 weeks prior to arrival, I realised with a tight train connection, we might not able to check in the hotel on the 27 of December, so I emailed the hotel to notify and request date change to 28 of December.
I then received an OK email, no problem with that see you on the 28 Dec.

Then I received a 2nd email from a manager of this hotel " The reception sent you wrong email, you have to pay 40 euro extra to check in a day latter".

I was a little surprise and sent another email asking for the reason of the extra charge? knowing that we had given the hotel plenty of notice?.
What I got back was "take it or leave it, around this time we all are very busy, we were undercharged you anyway!"

Well this is our 1st time to Amsterdam and did not want to lose our already paid room, and not knowing Amsterdam areas to look for some thing else, I decided to go ahead and paid the extra charge.

Upon arrival, we were completely underwhelmed by what this hotel had to offer, other than a very apologetic receptionist on the extra charge fee, she was extremely friendly and helpful. Spent time to explain us what to see, how to get to areas that we were interested in seeing.

Once we got to our room, we had a shock and realised this hotel has got nothing going for, other than for a friendly female receptionist and the location.

Our room was extremely small, and there was a terrible smell in the room, I had to leave the door to the balcony open even in a freezing and raining weather, still couldn't get rid of it. The bed linens were old, coarse, and of the cheapest materials orange checker and purple colours.

The double bed side was pushed up to the wall, there room was cramp, smelly... argh. The bathroom was just another disaster. Toilet is just right to the front door!... Honestly, I had better backpacker room in Khaosan Bangkok where I paid less than 10usd per night!!!

The breakfast was adequate, with limited choices in a very small room, there is a little balcony off the breakfast room overlooking the street.

Amsterdam is a fantastic city, friendly people, amazing energy, we love every minutes in this city. Shame about this hotel, and if you are in no way fussy this may be fine for you, however I would not recommend this hotel and would never stay here again upon my return to Amsterdam!
Stay 1 night 28 December 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Di-Ann? Share your experiences!