I’m an experienced Canadian traveller. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam @ Rusland 17 is a wonderful hotel. It is located in a perfect location, very central to the downtown core which made getting anywhere a breeze. It was very refreshing to experience the high level of customer service that I received during my entire week stay. Whatever questions or issues I had were attended to promptly whether it was checking in/out, an order for an electrical adapter, reservations for the airport shuttle, messages, maps or just plain directions the friendly staff at the front desk were always eager to assist me.
I stayed in one of the newer rooms and it was really 1st class, modern, gorgeous and everything worked. There was a safe which I always like for my passport and other valuables. See if you can get one of those newer rooms! After such a wonderful first day I felt really comfortable and confident. I appreciated the free wifi. I appreciated the chocolates that were left on my pillow every evening. I felt spoiled. The housekeeping staff were excellent. A very professionally run hotel. If that isn’t enough, I even received a phone call from the hotel on day 1 or day 2 asking me if everything was ok, “very considerate” I thought to myself. I was at the hotel bar on two occasions and I liked the bar and the bar staff. I never dined in the restaurant so I can’t comment on it. There are so many dining options in downtown Amsterdam, and I was continuously out and about doing things that I didn’t have the chance to try out the Radisson restaurant.
Amsterdam is a very unique and charming city and the people there are refreshingly very friendly and liberal. I highly recommend taking a boat tour for a unique perspective of the canals and the architecture and also a visit to the Amsterdam historical museum is great as well which is only a 10 -12 minute walk from the hotel. A visit to the giant upscale department store, the De Bijenkorf, is a must and there is a great restaurant/café’ on the 5th floor. I hope to return to the Netherlands again soon because I enjoyed it so much and if I stay again in Amsterdam I will definitely stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam
- Radisson Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Radisson
- Radisson Sas Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Hotel Complex incorporating 17th & 18th-century merchant houses with newer buildings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsNL, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.