We stayed for two nights as an anniversary treat. The location is absolutely fantastic, really central and from here you can walk to most of the city centre attractions, some pretty canals, the university and coffeshops are a stones throw away - but it's on a relatively quiet side street so not too noisy. The noise we did hear seemed to be from guests running up and down the corridors above us, early in the morning!
We tried room service a couple of times, and one morning rang reception 5 times to get some milk for our tea, but in the end we just gave up. They seem to accommodate lots of coach trips and when everyone arrived/checked out at once it brought them to a standstill.
The room was OK - just OK. We'd gone for an executive standard room, i.e. one level above standard, and the bed was big but that was the only luxurious thing about it. it was pretty shabby, and rather dated... for the money, I would expect far better.
We didn't eat there as we preferred to go out and use a local cafe - and the room service breakfast (which consisted of a bowl of cereal, cup of tea/coffee and juice) was 25 euros!
I think they were charging a luxury price without providing luxury.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam
- Radisson Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Radisson
- Radisson Sas Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Hotel Complex incorporating 17th & 18th-century merchant houses with newer buildings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.