I was travelling with three generations and the location was perfect. We could walk everywhere in ten minutes. We used the canal boatwhich was close by, for the Rijks Musem and the Van Gogh museum.The hotel staff was excellent. Lissane and Walkiiy at the front desk, always smiled and were always helpful. They upgraded one room to a "cool room", of which there are only five. Mine was carved out of an old Dutch house . The room is very contemporary , all white, but also had a loft in the atic which was a perfect place to watch a movie or play a game with a child. It was a wonderful surprise. Ralph Reiners , one of the managers was especially thoughtful and helpful when I was having trouble with my lap top's internet connection. He actually came to my room to try to solve the problem. The internet is free and there is also an internet station in the lobby with computers and also wireless and wired connections. Thus you have a backup, in case your laptop is not working perfectly.
The amenities in the room were especially nice. They included the usual, but also handcream in a little jar by Ann Semonin of Paris, in addition to the usual body lotion. The lighting controls in the bedroom were very convenient ,as well as ,the special spot for your own items in the fridge. The other room we had, while not brand new was well maintained and very attractive in nautical colors. Both rooms had an iron as well as a pants press. The street was mainly quiet except for one Saturday night reveler. The hotel is adjacent to Amsterdam University which has an excellent archeological museum.
I had dinner in the hotel. The meal was freshly cooked, as the chef cooks in the dining room. I had lobster and it was only 25 euro. It was excellent. There were several other specials all resonably priced.
The price of the rooms varies considerably on the internet. Some dates ,even in the same week, appear much cheaper than others ,so plan accordingly.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam
- Radisson Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Radisson
- Radisson Sas Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Hotel Complex incorporating 17th & 18th-century merchant houses with newer buildings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.