“business trip” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Lodz, Poland
“business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have spent in this hotel one night waiting for flight. Hotel is well situated in Amsterdam's city center. I had very nice room with queens bad, kettle and what is most important for me during business trips ironing set. Room was spacy and nice, bath room clean. I had the whole afternoon free so I did the channels boat trip ( 10 EUR) the stop is situated 5 min. walk from the hotel. I received the city map and some hints about most interesting places. Due to convenient location you can easily walk to main attractions. If you prefer shopping than touring you may also reach the shopping area which is 10 min walk from hotel.
Being there try to manage do the boat trip. It takes 1 hour and you can do it even late night, this may give you some taste of Amsterdam. I can recommend staying it this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and thank you for your recommendation. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

1,472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minsk, Belarus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

It was my first time at Amsterdam.
This hotel is a very good choice, location is very good, just I have got very small room and there were no possibility to change it, front desk told this in not very polite way....
Rates are too high.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Your comments are valued, and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After 24 days on a cruise ship we flew to Amsterdam and stayed at the Radisson Blu. From the moment we walked in to getting our taxi at 4:30 am was one of the best stays at a hotel. The staff was wonderful, breakfast was great, the bar was awesome. We walked almost everywhere we wanted to go. Nice location and for the most part quite.

Looking forward to stay here again.

Room Tip: we were in the other building 2nd floor, across the street (under ground) excellent location.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We are delighted to read that you have had one of your best stays at a hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Raleigh, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Overall this hotel is in a very good location on a fairly quiet side street in the central canal district. It is within easy walking district to most everything you will want to see in Amsterdam including the train station and museums. I felt the hotel was overly priced for the quality and comfort of the rooms. We booked a Deluxe Room for 4 nights. The drink prices at the bar are overpriced, so if you hang at the bar make certain to check the menu before ordering a drink. Also, if you book a discounted rate using AAA or other, make certain you have your member card with you as they will not allow the discount unless you provide your member number.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are grateful for your rating and looking forward welcoming you back in the future.
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and really enjoyed my stay.

The people were nice and friendly, the room looked good. The TV offered several European channels and I had WLAN in my room (not sure if that was because of a special rate). AC worked fine, the bath was good and clean.

Breakfast was also very good. A great variety of food, which tasted good. The breakfast room was also very nice and I felt comfortable.

The hotel offered a gym as well, but I didn't try it, so I can't say anything about it.

For me it was the first time in Amsterdam and I really liked the stay. The location is perfect to explore the city. Very close to the city centre and next to several canals. I walked the way from the main station the hotel.

I stayed here for a business trip, but I would book it for private use too. And I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We are delighted to read you have had a lovely stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation and of course taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. Looking forward welcoming you again on your next trip to Amsterdam.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a couple times over the years. It's in a great location in the heart of Amsterdam within walking distance of dam square, the museums, flower market and most attractions. Walking to the left out of the hotel (opposite of the red light district) is a great neighborhood feel with wonderful photo opportunities of the canals. Nicely decorated, spacious rooms and friendly staff. This hotel continues to be my first choice when visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted to read you have had a lovely stay with us, and we are pleased to welcoming you each time. Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. Looking forward welcoming you again on your next trip to Amsterdam.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is a little more on the pricier side of what I usually like to pay. But as we were only staying for 3 nights, decided to splash out. I'm so pleased we did. Our room was huge, I can often feel claustrophobic in hotel rooms but this one was fantastic. The two beds were pushed together to make one gigantic bed, so clean and so comfortable, I had some of the best nights sleep whilst there. Our breakfast / meals were not included and looked to be quite expensive, so we ended up eating out. Although most nights returned to the bar area for a drink which was lovely for a late night night-cap. As Amsterdam is most definitely a walking city, be prepared to walk, not that far from the attractions and is situated in a very nice part. Would thoroughly recommend and return again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor and for recommending us. We are delighted to read you had a lovely stay with us. Looking forward welcoming you again on your next trip to Amsterdam.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam? Share your experiences!