1) The location is superb - about a 4 minute walk from the Nieuwmarkt subway station and a 15-20 minute walk to most tourist attractions. It's in a safe area. There was also a deli nearby, to the east down a street and over the canal that would put NY to shame and was very well-priced for lunch.
2) The hotel was clean, very clean in fact.
3) The fitness center was exceptional for europe with free weights, bikes and machines. The only thing I would add is a pullup bar.
4) The breakfast at the restaurant is unbelievable. The buffet is top 3, lifetime. Meats, cheeses, baked goods, smoothies, juices - you name it, they have it. Everything was fresh squeezed, too. Try the picked herring, if you can.
5) We paid for an extra bed and ended up getting a junior suite and breakfast, which was a great deal. The room had 3 huge windows, high ceilings - at least 14 feet) and a luggage area. The bathroom had nice shower amenities and soft robes and towels.
6) Everyone was very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Hotel Complex incorporating 17th & 18th-century merchant houses with newer buildings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Rezidor and Priceline so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Radisson Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Radisson
- Radisson Sas Amsterdam