“A good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Helsinki, Finland
“A good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was happy to stay at this hotel during my short visit to Amsterdam. Hotel is centrally located but still quiet and easy to access. I upgraded to a better room and it was very clean and carefully maintained. I really enjoyed the good quality of the breakfast, although it was a bit expensive. Friendly staff. Looking forward to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We are delighted about your positive feedback and are looking forward to welcome you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is one of a small groups of hotels that I stay in when I visit Amsterdam. It is convenient for me, but sometimes the price out-weighs that benefit.

However, when it is priced well its a well run, beautiul hotel.

Check-in is a professional and fairly rapid event.

The rooms are well designed, clean and very comfortable.

I tend not to breakfast here, even though the quality and selection are superb. The issue is the price - I just can't eat that much to make breakfast here a viable option.

Being a few minutes walk from Dam Square it is both convenient if you are wanting to see the sights and also quiet.

What I like about this hotel is consistency of offer, not just in rooms but also in service. I know what I am going to get and I like it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We are very pleased about your positive comments concerning our product as well as our service. Thank you for staying with us on such a regular basis!
gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was happy to get a good room (no view though) for my week's stay here. The service here is extremely professional (room service and housekeeping would be at my room in a jiffy). Lovely spacious room and a good flat tv to boot. The breakfast offered quite a few choices and was sumptuous. The room service menu could do with a little additions (am a veggie so always have an issue). One thing though, if you are planning to take the train, then it is quite a walk in this weather!

Room Tip: The South block is quite (very quite).
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcome you again!
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel meets all of your needs if you are stopping over in Amsterdam! free shuttle service, great beds, comfortable pillows! the restaurant is lovely, if a little expensive, and the staff are very friendly, and appear genuinely interested in you and your travel plans! The breakfast is excellent, with a wide variety of cuisine, including vegetarian. I would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for this constructive and positive feedback. We are grateful for your rating and look forward to welcome you again soon!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Perfect location, 10 minutes walk from the central station and in the middle of the city centre and old town, Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam is perfect when in town. Quick check-in, and imeediately to the room. Breakfast is perfect to start the day before your meetings. Staff are all well trained and very efficient. As well a very quick check-out which is always helpfull when on business. Will come back again surely!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for for taking the time to write about your experience and calling us the “Best Hotel in Amsterdam”! We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

When I envision a charming boutique European hotel, this hotel certainly fits that criterion. The staff was very friendly. The room was very nice.It was nicely decorated. The hotel is within walking distance to the central area. If I return to the area, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with our hotel accommodation. The location was perfect - you couldn't be any more central to all of the sights & events in Amsterdam than this hotel if you tried; however, we ended up with the worst room likely available within this hotel and I cannot believe that this dark, dungeon of a room is even available for people to stay in. We had 1 window in the corner of the room which let absolutely zero natural light in. In order to get ready in the mornings, I had to turn on every available lamp, overhead light and even my mobile phone light and opened up the curtains/ blinds of the window. Our outlook from the window was extremely poor - we were on the 1st floor and there was a flat roof outside of our window which was littered with cigarette butts/ ends and there must have been work going on with the roof because there was a large area of tools/ supplies directly outside of our window which was covered by a large blue tarp. The only excellent thing about my stay was that I managed to book the room on a discounted rate and thank heavens - because I would have been disgusted had I tried to be charged a full rate for that dismal room. We went to the city with 2 other family members and their room was on the 5th floor and absolutely stunning - completely ridiculous that we ended up with the same fee and our room was so awful. I have stayed in various Radisson Blu, Park Inn & Country Inn & Suites all throughout Europe & America and this experience has by far been the worst.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with within our management team. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and will contact you directly.

Kind Regards,

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam? Share your experiences!