“Quaint, Charming Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Irvine, California
“Quaint, Charming Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

When I envision a charming boutique European hotel, this hotel certainly fits that criterion. The staff was very friendly. The room was very nice.It was nicely decorated. The hotel is within walking distance to the central area. If I return to the area, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with our hotel accommodation. The location was perfect - you couldn't be any more central to all of the sights & events in Amsterdam than this hotel if you tried; however, we ended up with the worst room likely available within this hotel and I cannot believe that this dark, dungeon of a room is even available for people to stay in. We had 1 window in the corner of the room which let absolutely zero natural light in. In order to get ready in the mornings, I had to turn on every available lamp, overhead light and even my mobile phone light and opened up the curtains/ blinds of the window. Our outlook from the window was extremely poor - we were on the 1st floor and there was a flat roof outside of our window which was littered with cigarette butts/ ends and there must have been work going on with the roof because there was a large area of tools/ supplies directly outside of our window which was covered by a large blue tarp. The only excellent thing about my stay was that I managed to book the room on a discounted rate and thank heavens - because I would have been disgusted had I tried to be charged a full rate for that dismal room. We went to the city with 2 other family members and their room was on the 5th floor and absolutely stunning - completely ridiculous that we ended up with the same fee and our room was so awful. I have stayed in various Radisson Blu, Park Inn & Country Inn & Suites all throughout Europe & America and this experience has by far been the worst.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with within our management team. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and will contact you directly.

Kind Regards,
Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A short walk from everything on offer. Great service at a great price. From the moment I walked in, I felt comfortable and at home. Nothing was too much trouble and the cost was excellent value for money

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I am happy to see that you had such a good experience with us. And thank you very much for taking the time to share that in this review. I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.
rio de janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

this is a very good hotel. good location. excellent rooms. good breakfast. i stayed at a superior room. the service was below expectations. when i arrived, i told the recepcionist i´d like to pay cash. she told me the ammount and i paid. then she told me a deposit was required. i did it by credit card. to my disapointment the whole ammount was immediately debted to the card. as it was a deposit, i´ve never seen it before. they use it upon checkout, if there was any aditional ammount to pay. upon checkout, they told me that there was someting more to pay, and the difference would be credite to the card. now i´m waiting for it. too fast to debt the card, no so fast to credit. another problem i had was when i booked a taxi to the airport. i had to do it 3 times,because for any reason, they "forgot" to do it. I couldn´t expect that these kind of problems could happen at this category of hotel.

Room Tip: ha quartos reformados e outros nao. melhor escolher quartos no predio principal.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in Amsterdam 21st -23rd Jan 2014, with my husband. My friend also booked a room with her partner a week later and we did request a room next to each other which was granted. Room was facing towards the canal.
Found a good deal on app booking.com and £135 for 2 nights. Added a note it was my anniversary and they very kindly left a congratulations card and some sweets!
I know others have said it, from Amsterdam airport get tickets to Amsterdam central station. Go the ticket desk as paying with cash and that is 4.50 Euros each. Trains run frequently and take about 15 minutes. This was our first time in Amsterdam and the hotel did email me directions to walk to the hotel from the Central station however we thought it best to catch a taxi. Taxis (lots of them) outside the trains station and was quoted about 10 Euro and it was this price exactly! Taxi journey is 5 minutes.

Radisson Blu has part of its building across the road this was not a problem. One entrance into the foyer- checking in was easy. Be warned a credit card has to be given for hold in case of any charges and so far no money has come out!

We had rooms 244 and 245. This was located in the opposite building and was no problem had to take lift to basement, walk across corridor then lift to 2nd floor.
We was at end of the corridor here with a fire exit next to us.
Very quiet, did not see anyone entering or leaving their room!
The room had a king size bed with comfortable pillows and duvets. If you would like a different type of pillow you could phone reception and ask for one and there was a list of pillows!
There was a good size TV in the room with lots of English channels including bbc1, itv 1, itv 2 and movie channels. Be warned erotic films are on show after midnight!
There is a mini bar under the tv, be warned prices are high. 5 Euro for a bottle of water. The mini bar is computerized and if you take anything out and not replaced within 15 seconds you are charged. Free tea (lemon, English) , coffee and hot chocolate supplied and replenished daily. We also had free 2 bottles of water on arrival next to the kettle, (although my friend next door never had this). We would fill the kettle with the tap water. The kettle will not work if you have just used it and is warm! You will have to wait. So best to make cups of tea at same time. 2x cup and saucers and 2 x tall glasses supplied. 2 x small glasses in the bathroom.
Bathroom had hair dryer, 2 x hand towels, 2 x bath towels and 2x face towels. shower gel, shampoo, and bath salts was supplied too! Shower was lovely to use.
3 x chairs to sit on in the bedroom.
Lots of hangers and space for clothes. Lamps around room too. Very clean and heating can be adjusted.
Towels replaced on the next day of arriving.
iron and ironing board supplied too!
Map is given and we asked for Dam Square as too embarrassed to ask for the Red light district! on Our way could not believe how near red light district was!
We did not eat breakfast in the hotel as eating out was cheaper.
Places we visited included Anne Frank House, Sex Museum and Moulin Rouge. Will write a review about these places too!
Overall Blu Radisson was amazing, first stay at this branch of hotel and loved it!
Can not wait to come to Amsterdam again and book with Blu Radisson.

Room Tip: 244 was amazing good view of canal too!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Location – Very Central, situated in a safe and quiet street but a good 15 minute walk from the Central Station unless you hop in a taxi.

Room – Clean and fairly modern with a large flat screen TV and a great choice of UK Channels. The free wifi was helpful and the signal was strong. I would however recommend asking for extra pillows on arrival as the pillows we were given were extremely spongy and not were not very supportive and the beds were on the harder side. The bathroom was also very clean, slightly more dated but offered a good choice of toiletries and linen.

Staff - Seemed friendly and attentive but didn’t slightly let down on the room service as it took over an hour to receive 2 hot chocolates.

Restaurant - Breakfast is a must even if you go just once as you can walk aimlessly for ages before you come across something even half decent. The hotel bar was also very cosy but pricey.

Overall we stayed for two nights over a long weekend and I would certainly consider returning again in the future when I return to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for an external facing room not internal facing as these can be noiser.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've spended a very good time in your lovely hotel, i'll come back, for me , this hotel has a stand level like a little palace, my family ans i, we were so please, congratulations, the master was the quality of breakfast, such a delight level, tasting, lot of choices, well presented

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam? Share your experiences!