A summary of the good things and the bad things that we experienced while staying at this nice hotel:
- great value for money
- prime location with plenty of dining posibilities close by
- friendly and professional staff
- offering of free upgrade to canal view as part of the Expedia VIP programm
- posibility for late check-out as part of the Expedia VIP propgramm
- all inclusive concept is just great: breakfast, minibar, lounge with drinks and snacks, use of Ipad, ... all included in the price
- great pillows and great matrasses
- all our special requests were honoured
- cosy and warm athosphere
- check-in took way too long, we do understand that the hotel wanted to have our room ready so that we could check-in but they should have asked it to us instead what we prefer. The kind lady just asked us if we could have a seat because it was busy at that time at the front desk but nobody came to us to check us in when it was calm. So I went to the reception myself to check us in and there they finally told us that the room was not yet ready and kindly asked us to wait a little bit longer...so we waited but again nobody informed us so we had to step to the front desk once more yo ask for the status of the room.Finally, after a long time we could check-in but found out in the room that the minibar was not fully stocked and that a filthy glass has not been replaced. We informed the front desk and they immediately took action, For me, the hotel front desk staff failed on this occasion where they could have reacted more pro-actively during the check-in process. This is the only negative point though but worth mentioning it to avoid similar situations in the future.
Although, I strongly recommend this hotel for a stay in Amsterdam! You will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional Hospitality Founded on the concept of personalization our goal is to ensure that everything about your stay suits you. The intimacy of the hotel allows for greater personal attention, incredible service and an eye for detail by our staff. As a guest of Banks Mansion, at any given moment you are entitled to enjoy all of the beverages and appetizers offered to you in "The Living" along with complimentary breakfast, complimentary private in-room bar, complimentary in-house movies, complimentary Internet-access in our business corner and 24/7 free premium WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Banks Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banks Mansion Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion Amsterdam