“Fabulous gym & spa complex” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam

You added Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Damrak 1 - 5, 1012 LG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #111 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous gym & spa complex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I suspended doubts about this place (hotels next to train stations aren't always the best in my experience) and was pleasantly surprised.

The new wing has good rooms kitted out to a high standard. The rates are reasonable and the location very accessible for business Travelers. Rocket out to Schipol by train in 20mins for example.

For me the biggest surprise was the gym. Most European hotels have small gyms if they have anything at all. This is a proper gym with a nice indoor pool as well. Well resourced (though no TVs for news) and staffed. It is a good sized facility.

Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stumbled on upon the cafe by per chance as it is not well signposted from Damrak. The sign indicating a log fire on a cold January lunchtime was what caught our eye. It wasn't very busy but still the atmosphere was great. The service we received was equalled by the quality of the cheese sandwiches we were served. Well recommended and the toilets were very clean.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Arriving at the reception desk for a one night business trip, I was taken aback by the utter ignorance of the clerk, Jurgen. It seemed I was a little close to the man in front. Jurgen issued a command for me to get back and, quite oblivious to his officiousness, could not understand that this was no way to welcome a visitor. I was quite shocked. And so it went on---the reception was more a case of processing inconvenient visitors than welcoming guests.
On leaving, I had the equally dubious pleasure of Susanne, who asked me, not that she cared one iota, if everything was OK. I thought I would share the Jurgen incident and one other point with her. She gave me the "sorry about that" treatment, whilst yawning inwardly.
I could see there was no mileage in that so I also pointed out that the room was dark. Please understand that when I say dark, I mean DARK. Not mood lighting, not atmospheric---DARK. There are bedside lights and one over the desk but if you should have any desire to read a book, either think again or bring a torch. In fact I had to use a torch (thank you iphone) to check the air conditioning control. Why do they do that? A pathetic way of saving money. To be fair the bathroom was quite bright so if you want to read for a couple of hours you could always sit there.
Susanne cared as little about this as about her ignorant colleague. Maybe she trained him. She said that next time I could ask for extra lighting and they will see what they can do. No Susanne---you don't get it. I am not a half blind idiot with the temerity to wish to read a book. This is not me being unreasonable. This is a DARK room, which you already know because it must be hotel policy to make it that way. By now, the smirking Susanne is showing no sign of even pretending to care about anything other than my leaving as soon as possible. She resorts to the last word in customer relations (that's a laugh) with---"I will pass on your comments". Oh dear

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

After reading a few bad reviews of this hotel, I was feeling a little hesitant about our stay at this hotel but my previous worries couldn't have been more wrong.

We had a lovely stay at the Park Plaza. Situated directly opposite Amsterdam Central Station meant we could walk straight from plane to train to our hotel. Dreamy.

We were pretty sure we were supposed to have a small room in the Victoria Wing but we actually put in a suite with the biggest bed I have ever seen and an amazing amount of space in the Urban Wing. I shall miss that bed. It was a lovely, clean room and as many others have stated, extremely up to date and modern which we loved!

Although, we were directly above the main street it was extremely quiet and peaceful. There is a pool, sauna and gym available at the hotel. The pool is small but still very relaxing. We were only one of two or three couples also using these areas at one time so very nice to chill out at after one two many wines or after a busy day exploring.

Easy access to other parts of Amsterdam or out of the city, trams and station located directly opposite hotel.

Staff were friendly and there was even live jazz music at the bar.

All in all an excellent hotel! Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for three nights over a weekend.Must say I was a bit worried reading some of the reviews but I can't say anything bad about the hotel.We requested an urban room as was advised.The room was perfect.The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and couldn't have done any more to help.Nice facilities and pool and the location is fantastic.Directly across from the train station and we walked pretty much everywhere we went, which was well worth it.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam? Share your experiences!