The hotel is ideally situated just across from the main railway station, with this only a 15 minute train ride from Schiphol airport. The old part of the hotel is tired, and needs a bit of a revamp, but the room was clean and quiet. If you want a view of the square, then you need to ask when you book. We were on the 5th floor at the rear of the hotel, and the view from our small window was no more than adequate, but at least we didn't oversee the air conditioning units.
Rooms come with tea and coffee facilities, but be warned that the milk is powder - I asked room service to send me up some fresh milk, and the chap turned up 10 minutes later with more strips of dried milk!
Breakfasts are buffet style, with no waiter service for tea and coffee - the breakfasts are adequate but variety I thought was lacking. It seemed to be cereals, some cooked meats, some small amounts of fruit, your typical english breakfast (though the bacon was VERY fatty) and croissant. The tea and coffee were from machines, though fresh milk was available.
We ate in the restaurant one night - the food was good but not hot. We also had a snack in the bar, which was much superior and cheaper. With so many food places around town, next time I'd not waste my money in the hotel.
Overall, the staff were helpful, the place was clean, and though I may hesitate to stay there again, I might do because of it's location.
I didn't look, but am told that the new part of the hotel is very stylish, and more expensive. If you do book, ask for the prices in the new area - the rooms look larger, lighter and more modern.
Overall, not a lot to fault, but I would not give it a 4 star rating. Maybe a 3.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam Hotel
- Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Victoria Hotel Amsterdam
- Park Plaza Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Park Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restyled! The historic Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam offers 306 modern superior rooms, executive rooms and suites. The 164 new urban style rooms were completely restyled early 2011 and have a sleek, trendy and fashionable design. All rooms offer excellent facilities as you would expect from a four-star hotel in downtown Amsterdam. 306 rooms including 164 in new Urban Wing, 10 meeting rooms up to 150 persons, Boardroom and private dining possible, Restaurant, bar, brasserie with terrace, Directly opposite Central Station and parking, Fitness and swimming pool, WiFi (high speed). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.