Stayed here for 1 night during the week as a result of a work trip. This was booked through a subsidiary of Expedia.
I was booked in for a Bed & Breakfast in the Superior category. Arrived and all was well, I requested a room with a bath a opposed to just a shower and was given a room on the 2nd floor. Only downside is that they charge you a deposit of €75 for extra charges. You can pay this on credit card, but if you only have a debit card, there are costs involved in getting it put back on the card, so I ended up having to pay cash. I also think €75 deposit for extra charges for 1 night is a bit extreme....
The room itself was a bit meh. I mean, it was nice enough, but really nothing to write home about, some of the furniture looked a little tired and the bed seemed a little tired too, not an evenly shaped mattress. The bathroom was nice, apart from the absolutely horrendous bright white light. I know a bathroom needs decent lighting, but this was seriously OTT and worse than in the worst kind of shop changing rooms, it was industrial light and just offputting.
Aircon was great as you can control it yourself. The view was non-existent, other rooms were having a window looking out at only a couple of meters away, meaning curtains have to be closed at all times, making it feel stuffy.
The lobby itself is beautiful. Breakfast was great - Dutch breakfast buffets are 10x better than English as they cater for a variety, the fresh fruit & yoghurt were excellent as were the pastries and pancakes. Decent selection of hot drinks too.
I then proceeded to check out and was asked whether I had used breakfast. I responded yes as I had a Bed & Breakfast. The lady then told me that breakfast was not included in my room rate! Luckily I had my calendar confirmation which very clearly stated Bed & Breakfast, but it left a bad taste that I felt I had to prove what I had booked or else risk forking out a hefty amount for breakfast - it's not my fault if their booking differs from what I have been given, and they told me 90% of Expedia bookings was room only. Well - I have no idea about that, I can only go by my booking which definitely included breakfast.
I would return to the hotel as the location is just too convenient to ignore, but based on my experience I doubt I would really recommend it to tourists as such.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam Hotel
- Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Victoria Hotel Amsterdam
- Park Plaza Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Park Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restyled! The historic Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam offers 306 modern superior rooms, executive rooms and suites. The 164 new urban style rooms were completely restyled early 2011 and have a sleek, trendy and fashionable design. All rooms offer excellent facilities as you would expect from a four-star hotel in downtown Amsterdam. 306 rooms including 164 in new Urban Wing, 10 meeting rooms up to 150 persons, Boardroom and private dining possible, Restaurant, bar, brasserie with terrace, Directly opposite Central Station and parking, Fitness and swimming pool, WiFi (high speed). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.