* Nice quiet neighborhood, away from the hustle and bustle but easily accessible by tram to everything. Adjacent to a beautiful park.
* Free WiFi that works well.
* Very helpful and pleasant staff.
* Well maintained (but simple) rooms.
* Windows that open to allow in fresh air.
* The big market (don't recall the name) is only a block away on Saturdays, and the Tropenmuseum is next door.
* No air conditioning or fans - I had the misfortune to be there during a particularly hot spell, and the room was uncomfortable several nights.
Didn't try the restaurant, but was told by colleagues that the breakfast wasn't worth what they charged. There's a small bakery & grocery store less than a block away; that was a better choice in my book.
Tip: although it isn't a straight line, the #9 tram from the central station is the best way to get there. I foolishly thought there was a more direct route, but that was a mistake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Amsterdam Tropen is ideally situated in downtown Amsterdam between the Royal Tropical Institute, where you will find the Tropen museum and theater, and the English-styled Oosterpark public garden, with its sculptures, wild birds and wide open spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your NH Amsterdam Tropen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Tropen Amsterdam
- Nh Tropen Hotel Amsterdam