“Holiday in your own country” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New West Inn Amsterdam

You added New West Inn Amsterdam to your Saves list
New West Inn Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Reimerswaalstraat 5, 1069 AE Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #197 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Holiday in your own country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice hotel, friendly staff, very quiet neighbourhood. lots of things to do inside hotel. Lost my umbrella but staff hepled me to find it again. Perfect stay !!!!!! and tip, rent a bike and see Amsterdam tghe easy and relaxed way

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
RemcoHotelAmsterdam, Guest Relations Manager at New West Inn Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind comments about your recent visit. We're glad to read that you had such a good experience. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We were there just for one night my boyfriend and I and it turned out to be hell. We arrived in the afternoon to check in, dropped our belongings in the room and took off to town (20 min by car). When coming back we realized the heating didn't work. The rooms aren't the cleanest. And not to mention that they were working somewhere in the hotel from 8 am to 4pm and they didn't even bother to inform us.

The next morning, we woke up to find out that my car's window had been broken and my gps stolen. I went to the receptionist (which REALLY took her time with the client she was with while they were two and the second one didn't even ask me if I needed something). After explaining the situation, she wasn't even slightly surprised which means they could have AT LEAST warn us that it was an insecure place, they told me to call Carglass and that they weren't responsible of the parking (OF COURSE). I had to fill in a form on the internet, and needed to print it out, but for that to happen, needed to ask the receptionist which took another 30 min because they were busy with ONE client. They had only one camera on the parking lot. A person passing by and living there told us it was a rough area.

Avoid this hotel even though it looks appealing, you'll avoid a lot of trouble.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Johanna D

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times, always liked it and I have no complaints. It is of course a little away from the city center but I knew that beforehand and adjusted my trip to that fact.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I emailed the hotel directly multiple times regarding the airport shuttle service, after my third email I received a response. I was advised to meet the shuttle at the bus stand. At no point was I advised this would be an adfitional ?30 fee. Already jaded by this I arrive to a hotel that is in the ghetto and very unwelcoming. They said food is offered until 11pm, its not. I went to the bar to enquire and was advised food is not cooked on site and you can order pizza delivery from reception only. Reception said you can walk over to a pizza restaurant - not in this neighbourhood, in the dark, alone.
The room was spacious, the bathroom was clean enough. Not somewhere I would recommend in a hurry. Certainly not my first pick.

2 Thank cado_travels
Leuven, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite old and there's nothing to do in the neighbourhood. Breakfast (€10) was ok without being really good. It's a budget hotel and you will notice that. Staff at the reception was friendly.
Our familyroom was spacious, but the second double bed was a sofabed with a very bad mattress.
It takes 30 minutes to the centre by tram 17, less than every ten minutes you have a connection, so that's good. €7,5 for a 24 hour ticket (can be bought on the tram). A taxi ride to the centre will cost you around €30.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RemcoHotelAmsterdam, Guest Relations Manager at New West Inn Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Many thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent visit to Remco Hotel. We will take a look at all the rooms to see what we can improve. We are glad to read you are positive about the our staff. Once again, we would like to thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.
Kind regards
Tehran, Iran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed one nighat there one years ago.that located on town city.we reserved triple room.the room was very big and clean.comfortable beds, clean and big bathroom,free WIFI,separate cost breakfast,with cafeshop and bar,toys room for children,far from central city.15 min to tram or bus station with walking,all staf and personal had friendly manner.Finaly I satisfy to select this hotel according to our payment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
RemcoHotelAmsterdam, Guest Relations Manager at New West Inn Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. We're glad to read that you had such a good experience. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel!