“Nice,Clean & Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New West Inn Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added New West Inn Amsterdam to your Saves list
New West Inn Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Reimerswaalstraat 5, 1069 AE Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #214 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Tehran, Iran
“Nice,Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel is actually 3 stars but it is very clean and nice hotel,
I was there on Christmas Eve 2013 and all of hotels were full.
So, I found this and went there by car from Germany.
the hotel was very fair in fee and you can save money by choosing this hotel
So I really recommend this hotel especially in high season.
the location is good for car owners, not far from city center and also it is close to bus station to go to the city center.
the only one thing that it wasn't acceptable that there weren't any slippers for passengers in rooms.
don't forget to bring your owns.
have a nice trip,...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

514 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Nancy, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

i stay for one night in this hotel low cost,
in the morning i found my car broken and all the papers was stoled!!
this is the very insafety place
the manager told me: this is the case in the city!!
sorry i traveled a lot around the world and this never hapened.
the manager refuse to help us!!
be carefull when you go in amsterdam and never stay in REMCO HOTEL

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

All staff was great, nice people, positive vib and so. Location is like, not perfect, not awful.. it takes you 20 min by bus and another 10 min walking. Breakfast was very good as well as the cantina. Cleanliness and bathroom conditions were average. One comment is that of course the bar at the hotel could stay open late at night, since people dont usually go to Amsterdam to sleep. But we would stay there again, our overall assessment and value for money are positive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I will start with the good things: we loved the bar's design and the bar staff's friendliness, good location and free parking. Nearly, that was all we liked, luckily we didn't spend too much time in the hotel.

First of all the disappointing things, they couldn't give us a room without any maintenance problem even if we stayed here for 4 nights, rooms are very dirty and dusty, bathrooms are disgusting, not in good condition. When we visited the reception because our shower didn't work the receptionist thought we don't know how to use it and was smiling but he didn't come up to the room to help us because he is going to be wet- he said... and finally, we had to move to an other room because it really didn't work! The other room also had problem with the shower, we found the shower rail taken off next to the sink and at the bottom of the shower we found some shower gel- probably from the previous guests. I asked for an other room and instead of that, they called the "maintenance" who did put the rail back into the shower cubicle without fixing it and then they said the bathroom is fixed, we can move in now and we can have a free drink at the bar if we want to...wow! On that evening, my fiance had a shower and by accident his shoulder touched the rail and it has fallen off direct on to his leg... If he is not lucky the hotel could be in big trouble!

The other disappointing thing was that the receptionist said at check in that they don't do dinner as they don't have a restaurant, but next to the reception there's a big sign saying RESTAURANT& BAR...

The only reason we didn't leave this hotel was that they took the money for all nights which is not refundable!!! After that, they also charged my credit card for a bouquet what I requested on the first night- however I did want to use my debit card for that- they didn't even ask me if they can take the money!

As I'm a hotel supervisor in the UK I was shocked and had the feeling that there's no proper management or supervisor who would check the rooms after the cleaner and would keep an eye on customer service- or if so, they are totally pointless! I don't understand how they can be a 3 star hotel! However, with a hard work and care it could be even better because the hotel is not in very bad condition, but we can clearly see not one member of the management interested what the staff do! So one word as a hundred- definitely won't stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I should begin my review by stating that I did not plan this trip, to include hotel accomodations, otherwise this hotel would have possibly rang a bell from the beginning. Therefore this list will begin with cons, since this half will be more extensive.

Cons!

1) Free WiFi across the hotel is the first (and thank goodness the only) flat-out lie. When my party and I arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with a "free WiFi zone" sign created out of laminated paper emblazoning the side wall, signaling that there was free WiFi in the area. Once on the fourth floor in our room, our lackluster experience with the WiFi zone came to an abrupt stop, although not apparent at first. We were still connected to the WiFi from downstairs, but now out of range so we obtained an extremely weak signal, if at all.

2) Speaking on our arrival to the hotel, the doors are automatic (or appear to be so) during the day, but at night must be manually operated by the desk clerk who may or may not be at the desk. When he/she is at the desk, the patron also rolls the dice on whether or not the clerk is paying attention. At check-in, the friend of mine who paid for the room was greeted by the pleasant surprise of finding out her credit card had already been charged for the total price of the stay in the hotel, and not merely placed on hold like she had believed (It should be noted that I was not present when she made the purchase, so it is possible it was an oversight on her part).

3) The Room - what we've been waiting for. The hotel overall was clean, so no complaints there, however the room meant for three people would have been a little cramped for two, so for three, which we were, it was even tougher. Also, it clearly was designed for two people, so I find it a little insulting to charge so much more for a two-person bedroom that the caretakers simply added another bed to (prices subject to change, thus invalidating my claims, therefore they are omitted). The walls seem quite thin as well, making it possible to hear things you normally would not want to. Soap was available but scant, replaced by more lotions and shampoo than the essential product (It is recommended to bring your own soap on any trip, for just this occasion). The TV is a tube television so its big and dated but functional. The shower is the most luxurious part of the room in my opinion, as the showerhead pumps out even, soft warm water. Though tight, somehow I did sleep very well in the bed. They appear to be a full size, give or take a few inches/cm.

4) Customer service was not offensive, just severely apathetic. It is as if your problems are your own, when they do not directly affect thr staff. On the first night in the hotel after being out, we returned and found there was no internet at all, WiFi zone or otherwise. When asked about the outage, the clerk simply said "I don't know.. I don't know it went out earlier and I don't know why it's broken." my perception might have allowed me to collect a smug look off his face, whether intentionally or not was unimportant. Touching as well about the door, it is night time when we return and wait for about eleven seconds while the desk clerk is in plain view of the door, but not paying attention to it. Eleven seconds is not a long time to wait, but when someone is sitting at the mechanism to grant you entry, and he doesn't even look up to the door because he most likely cannot hear the knocking at the first main door (there are two to pass through) I find it rude.

Pros!

clean
breakfast was tasty, and there were non-pork meat options
close enough to Zandvoort or whatever the namd of this beach is
free parking where available
seemed safe

I hope this review will help you choose a (better) hotel in Amsterdam in order to enjoy your stay to the fullest!

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We drove to Amsterdam for a quick weekend getaway and stayed here. We booked a Deluxe Twin room mainly because it had air conditioning, whereas the Standard Twin room does not. Well, the Air Conditioner did not work, luckily it is uncharacteristically cold right now so that didn't affect us too much.
The Beds were comfortable, the room was very clean, the shampoo they offered in the room was uber tiny (smaller than my small pinkie finger), the location seemed a little sketchy and out of the way (it is in a more residential area of town which means MUCH easier parking, but I didn't feel as safe there.)
They do have a reasonable restaurant downstairs that serves decent food mainly Italian and Spanish at reasonable prices. the Chocolate Lava cake was delicious but tiny. They also have a pool table and bar there and plenty of vending machines.
The "gym" consisted of 2 broken and unusable Bow Flex machines. But for the Money and our one night stay there I would recommend it. we were visiting both the city of Amsterdam and Keukenhof Gardens in one day and it was located right between the 2 locations about a 20-25 minute drive to either location.
They also have the option to rent bikes downstairs for your stay I believe it was 15E a day, and they also have an abundance of travel brochures and coupons in the lobby. I also believe they have a Dominos Pizza Room Delivery service as we saw a delivery boy bringing pizzas into the hotel when we arrived.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. It was quite, clean, comfortable and had enough amenities in the hotel that the distance to the city didn't really affect our stay. I would recommend it. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

12 of us stayed at the hotel for a stag do in Amsterdam at the end of April. As you can imagine trying to find somewhere willing to take on some many people and not cost a fortune was quite tricky at first but after a thorough search round of hotels I was struck by Hotel Remco’s pictures, price and availability. Booking with them was extremely straightforward and should you wish it there is always the option to have breakfast. As to the hotel, it and the bedrooms/bathrooms were clean and every bit what you would expect for a 3 star. In fact they were considerably more spacious than some 4 stars I have stayed in.

The staff, apart from an initial problem with the booking in staff, were very helpful and the bar and pool table were well used by us during our short stay. We also met some very friendly Australians who gave us advice on the best way to get into town.

There is also a supermarket nearby plus some local restaurants in case you are interested.

As a whole our party enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Remco and I would definitely recommend it.

Plusses – practical, no frills, good value for money.

Flaws – staff were a bit rude when we arrived as I couldn’t get a signal on my phone so I was unable to access the booking number and they refused to accept my surname as confirmation of our arrival. Apart from that they were very helpful.

The cheapest way to get there: if you are coming from the airport catch the 69 bus outside the departures terminal and get off at Vrijzicht. Take the next left to Osdorper Ban and walk down the road for about 5-10 minutes, turn right past the church after the bridge and the Spar and the hotel will be ahead of you. Travelling by bus will cost you €2.80 each a shuttle bus will cost you €16.50 each.
If you plan on using a lot of public transport while in Amsterdam, you might as well it is very good, you can get a travel card which will save you even more.
Upon leaving the hotel walk back towards the main road, take the little bridge over the stream and follow the cycle path to your left. After a minute or two ahead of you will be the tram. Take this to Dam or the main train station, it should take about 20 minutes, half an hour at rush hour and again travel cards will save you money.
Oh and watch out for cyclists, they are everywhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to New West Inn Amsterdam? Share your experiences!