“Fantastic hotel, brilliant staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of INK Hotel Amsterdam - MGallery Collection

You added INK Hotel Amsterdam - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
INK Hotel Amsterdam - MGallery Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 67, 1012 RE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly The Convent Hotel Amsterdam - MGallery Collection) (Dam Square)   |
Special Offer
UP TO 30% - EARLY BOOKING
Ranked #88 of 347 Hotels in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel, brilliant staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at Ink for three nights to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday and it's was fantastic.
I emailed the hotel before we arrived to ask if anything special could be arranged to celebrate the occasion, Rob Linnenbank promptly emailed back with lots of ideas for some balloons, wine and cake to be in our room when we got the
They had indeed decorated the room with balloons, streamers and had organised a cake (with candles) two bottles of prosseco, chocolates and we were pleasantly surprised to find two members of staff also present, singing happy birthday to my husband!
I knew about most of it since I'd asked for it, but the singing took even me by surprise (so much so that I forgot to tip them for all their efforts) it was a great start to our trip. The entire hotel is modern, clean and comfortable, we especially enjoyed cocktails (inkredible cocktail was fab) in the lounge.
Our (executive) room was lovely, with the biggest most comfiest bed, lovely toiletries (molten brown) and a coffee machine.
The hotel is right in the middle of everywhere you need to be, ie. Anne frank house, dam square, loads of shops, bars and restaurants.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody and will absolutely be returning as soon as I possibly can.
Big thanks to Rob, you did good!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked INK as a surprise for my girlfriend (now fiancé) to propose to her in Amsterdam and could not be more pleased that I chose INK for this very special weekend. The hotel is stunning with its quirky design which is in keeping with its heritage as a former newspapers headquarters. Everything is branded in a cool and contemporary style. The Pressroom bar has a great atmosphere and a good selection of well-kept drinks served by truly professional yet friendly bar staff. I asked the hotel as a special request to provide some flowers etc. in my room and the result was fantastic. The staff made a real effort providing beautiful flowers, ice cold prosecco, strawberry’s, chocolates and snacks as well as some welcome cocktails. The bed was incredibly comfy, the shower big enough for two with both a hand-held and ceiling mounted rose and what seemed to be limitless hot water! It is very hard to think of anything negative to say about this beautiful hotel with its friendly and accommodating staff. If I was being incredibly critical I would say the check-in process wasn’t perfect but I believe there are some teething problems with the iPads which will soon be resolved. After all, the hotel has only been open 3weeks since total refurbishment! Location wise it could not be better. Right in the centre of Amsterdam just a 5-6 minute walk from Centraal station and a 3min walk from Damrak. I was also very impressed with the housekeeping service. We came back to get changed early afternoon and the maid was probably just about to clean our room. Rather than knock or barge in like other hotels, we received a very polite phone call asking if we wanted our room cleaned or needed anything which was really great as actually we just wanted some fresh towels. These were promptly left for us in nice neat bags by our door with some extra toiletries (which again were lovely Molton Brown). All in all I cannot fault this hotel and its lovely staff. INK is now part of some very special memories for us. It’s not the cheapest but well worth the extra money, we are already planning to visit INK again for our next city break to Amsterdam later in the year.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

INK, is a very unique hotel in its concept. I liked the location of the hotel, which is very handy if you wish to stay very central. Everything is 5 mins walk at the most. Staff was generally helpful. Food is also good. Only concern I had was that the room was relatively small, but would suit a couple. I stayed in classic room with queen bed. Wifi was also free and with great speed...Had nespresso coffee machine in room with complimentary pods.

Staff was friendly to offer umbrella when it was raining.

I could have done with a complimentary late checkout.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is great. The staff is great and the food is very good. There is the WiFi and it works well. The rooms are very good. The bathroom is strange but cool. It's very close to the center and its close to a tram stop. The are a lot of beautiful restaurants around.

Stayed May 2015
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've spent almost a week in this hotel. Location is great between the main train station (Amsterdam Centraal) and the Dam Square. You can literally walk from the train station eve with luggage so don't waste your money taking a taxi from the airport (about EUR 50).
All staff incredibly nice. I had to make a check out at 4am and it worked just fine.
The rooms are great! Stayed in 2 different rooms as I left for a weekend. The first was a nice one, with no view, but with space enough for one. The second was a larger room, with an amazing bathroom!! Both located in the 4th floor.
As I'm an Accor member, I received a lot of complimentary things which turned my stay very pleasant (fruits, wine, water, chocolate etc).
I didn't have breakfast at the hotel as it seems a bit too expensive. There are many mini markets nearby the hotel where you can buy fruits, juice, milk, cheese or whatever you want for breakfast.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Tashkent Province, Uzbekistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the INK hotel for 5 nights and we enjoyed a lot. The hotel was renovated so everything is new and clean!! We took the classic room with the queen size bed and it was excellent for a couple. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The room has a small refrigerator and coffee machine and wifi- all these are free. I found just one flaw in the room, the shower's door didn't close well so the water was dripping out every time when we had a shower. Everyday we received new towels and toiletries but I'm not sure if the room was cleaned. The breakfast was fresh and delicious. All staff was amazing, friendly, kind, patient and helped us with everything!! Although the hotel is new, the staff is skilled and agile. Everything is working well and smoothly. In front of the hotel there is a tram station that will take you to the all main attractions. The hotel is located 5 minutes from the Dam square, Royal palace, Magna Plaza, Red light district and Klaverstraat.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to INK Hotel Amsterdam - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!