“Relaxing place to stay at in Amsterdam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel Amsterdam

You added Park Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Stadhouderskade 25, 1071 ZD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #82 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Hilltown, United Kingdom
“Relaxing place to stay at in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Unfortunately, I only got to stay one night, because I could really have got to enjoy this hotel more. Having got a great deal on Lastminute, I then got a room upgrade on arrival. The rooms are modern and spacious and well air conditioned with my room overlooking the canal. It is slap bang in the museum district with the Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum and the Anne Frank house nearby. You are also very close to the Leidsekruis Straat which is door to door restaurants.
The staff were very professional and courteous. My only complaint was the price of breakfast €18 - ouch.

Would definitely come back again even with the family.

Stayed July 2014
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Michel F,

I was very pleased to note how much you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel.

Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

The next time you are visiting the area we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Suzanne de Zwaan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. The first room we were taken to had dry urine on the toilet seat which really set the tone for our stay. Management wasn't overly apologetic and simply took us to another room in the same category(one would expect that they would try make it up to us by upgrading us to a suite of some sort) we weren't in the mood to fight about so we left it. The staff in general were unfriendly and unhelpful.

The finishes of the rooms are really poor and the overall cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. To top it off the rooms are some of the noisiest I have ever slept in. You can hear street noise throughout the night. The second night we had a couple next door us screaming and shouting at each other. The sound proofing between rooms being so bad that it felt like they were in the room with us.

To sum it up the two nights at this hotel were two of the most unpleasant nights I have had. I was dying to get back home. I definitely advise to stay elsewhere.

Stayed December 2013
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Jetsetter089,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us. I regret that the personal contact and the compensation we offered to you after your stay were not to your satisfaction.

Please be advised that your experience does not reflect the normal experience of our guests at Park Hotel. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to Amsterdam, we hope that you will be our guest again and provide us with the opportunity to demonstrate the unparalleled service and experience you deserve.

Garfield, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel has a great location within walking distance of several of the great museums. Like the Reichs Museum the van Gogh Museum and don't forget the Heineken experience. I was disappointed that the hotel did not offer a simple continental breakfast. You could pay for a breakfast but it seemed to be quite expensive based on what you could get elsewhere. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area and it is right across the street from a canal where you can get Boat Tours. I was also disappointed that you had to pay for Wi-Fi in your room. They did offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby. It was a pleasant lobby however and you could get a beer or glass of wine while you checked your emails.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not on the street side.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear JDub2011,

First of all I want to thank your for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor,

As tastes vary, we have to try and gauge which selection of breakfast will be popular within a season. I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Since June 2014 we do offer free WiFi through the entire hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed in the Park Hotel for two nights at the end of an 18 day topdeck tour around Europe one year ago. To this day it is still the comfiest bed we have ever slept on, it was like a cloud! We have told everyone how good it was. The room size is great, the bathroom was great, the room setup with the tv at the end of the bed is cool. We loved everything about it.. especially the bed. We even wrote down the brand/ name of the bed because we want to purchase one for our own home. i would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JJDS_2245,

I want to thank you for sharing your Park Hotel experience on Tripadvisor.

Park Hotel guarantees a good night's sleep with the new generation Jensen® Original zone system mattresses. You can buy them via the Park Hotel website.

We are heartened by your wonderful praise of our hotel and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Tourcoing, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Booked this hotel months ago with the reviews.
And the reviews are spot on.
I was a little shocked to find that this hotel is very modern and funky.
Rooms are quite big and bathrooms are perfect size.
Room didn't have the best of views but we didn't pay for that view.
Extremely close to everything. Breakfast is a little expensive at this place supposed to be good but of you want to save money, just cross the road and you will find hundreds and hundreds of places to eat.

Most museums are just around the corner and transport is extremely close.

Enjoy your stay guys and hope my review helps convince you to stay there.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Bruno M,

I’m absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, We thank you kindly for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and hope to welcome back in the future for a truly distinctive stay.

Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Last May 23,2014, my husband and I went to Amsterdam. It was our first time to go there so I really made sure that we will enjoy the place and maximize our stay. Through the web, I searched for the right hotel where it is accessible to all major tourist destinations and likewise meet our requirements. I finally chose Park Hotel because of its good reviews despite not being on the top 50 of all hotels in Amsterdam which I am really very particular about. During our stay did I realize why it wasn't in the top 50 at least. The service of the staff in the reception when we arrived which was past 1:00pm was really dismal. The person who attended to us made us wait until 2:00pm or so to send us to our room despite the fact that there was already an available one for us. My husband overheard a lady receptionist asked the guy who attended to us why not send us to our room already since there were available ones for arriving guests. We were so tired traveling and the least these people in this hotel can do was to be kind and make us felt welcome. I have been to hotels in Europe as attested in my reviews and I never had experience such snobbery if that what was all about. The redeeming factors actually were those in the night shift. They were really nice and helpful and our room was nice with the small balcony although rather noisy since it's overlooking the street and we were assigned to the lower floor. If ever I return to Amsterdam, I won't go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CezCLee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about your experience at Park Hotel in Amsterdam.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your recent stay.

I can assure you that we take your comments very seriously, and will take appropriate actions to improve in these areas. And despite of your recent experience we hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lovely comfortable BUSINESS style hotel near wii key museums and shopping.
Beds are comfortable and rooms are quiet (specially in back).
Public tansport is a short walk ( 5 min.)
Front desk was a minor head ache…as they kept changing key card… some mix-up in our reservation.

Room Tip: High Floor on the backside
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear SeattleShanu,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review . Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced at our Service Desk.

We are happy that you have enjoyed all other facilities of the hotel and would be very grateful if you could give us another chance to fully meet your expectations.

Suzanne de Zwaan

Been to Park Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!