“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel Amsterdam

You added Park Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Stadhouderskade 25, 1071 ZD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #80 of 351 Hotels in Amsterdam
Garfield, Arkansas
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel has a great location within walking distance of several of the great museums. Like the Reichs Museum the van Gogh Museum and don't forget the Heineken experience. I was disappointed that the hotel did not offer a simple continental breakfast. You could pay for a breakfast but it seemed to be quite expensive based on what you could get elsewhere. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area and it is right across the street from a canal where you can get Boat Tours. I was also disappointed that you had to pay for Wi-Fi in your room. They did offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby. It was a pleasant lobby however and you could get a beer or glass of wine while you checked your emails.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not on the street side.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear JDub2011,

First of all I want to thank your for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor,

As tastes vary, we have to try and gauge which selection of breakfast will be popular within a season. I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Since June 2014 we do offer free WiFi through the entire hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Suzanne de Zwaan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed in the Park Hotel for two nights at the end of an 18 day topdeck tour around Europe one year ago. To this day it is still the comfiest bed we have ever slept on, it was like a cloud! We have told everyone how good it was. The room size is great, the bathroom was great, the room setup with the tv at the end of the bed is cool. We loved everything about it.. especially the bed. We even wrote down the brand/ name of the bed because we want to purchase one for our own home. i would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JJDS_2245,

I want to thank you for sharing your Park Hotel experience on Tripadvisor.

Park Hotel guarantees a good night's sleep with the new generation Jensen® Original zone system mattresses. You can buy them via the Park Hotel website.

We are heartened by your wonderful praise of our hotel and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Tourcoing, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Booked this hotel months ago with the reviews.
And the reviews are spot on.
I was a little shocked to find that this hotel is very modern and funky.
Rooms are quite big and bathrooms are perfect size.
Room didn't have the best of views but we didn't pay for that view.
Extremely close to everything. Breakfast is a little expensive at this place supposed to be good but of you want to save money, just cross the road and you will find hundreds and hundreds of places to eat.

Most museums are just around the corner and transport is extremely close.

Enjoy your stay guys and hope my review helps convince you to stay there.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Bruno M,

I’m absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, We thank you kindly for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and hope to welcome back in the future for a truly distinctive stay.

Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Last May 23,2014, my husband and I went to Amsterdam. It was our first time to go there so I really made sure that we will enjoy the place and maximize our stay. Through the web, I searched for the right hotel where it is accessible to all major tourist destinations and likewise meet our requirements. I finally chose Park Hotel because of its good reviews despite not being on the top 50 of all hotels in Amsterdam which I am really very particular about. During our stay did I realize why it wasn't in the top 50 at least. The service of the staff in the reception when we arrived which was past 1:00pm was really dismal. The person who attended to us made us wait until 2:00pm or so to send us to our room despite the fact that there was already an available one for us. My husband overheard a lady receptionist asked the guy who attended to us why not send us to our room already since there were available ones for arriving guests. We were so tired traveling and the least these people in this hotel can do was to be kind and make us felt welcome. I have been to hotels in Europe as attested in my reviews and I never had experience such snobbery if that what was all about. The redeeming factors actually were those in the night shift. They were really nice and helpful and our room was nice with the small balcony although rather noisy since it's overlooking the street and we were assigned to the lower floor. If ever I return to Amsterdam, I won't go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CezCLee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about your experience at Park Hotel in Amsterdam.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your recent stay.

I can assure you that we take your comments very seriously, and will take appropriate actions to improve in these areas. And despite of your recent experience we hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lovely comfortable BUSINESS style hotel near wii key museums and shopping.
Beds are comfortable and rooms are quiet (specially in back).
Public tansport is a short walk ( 5 min.)
Front desk was a minor head ache…as they kept changing key card… some mix-up in our reservation.

Room Tip: High Floor on the backside
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear SeattleShanu,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review . Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced at our Service Desk.

We are happy that you have enjoyed all other facilities of the hotel and would be very grateful if you could give us another chance to fully meet your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed there with my girlfriend for a weekend break and I was quite satisfied with Park Hotel's location and services.

Very soft and comfortable beds, very clean toilets and showers with shampoo, nice soaps, body lotion etc.

The minibar menu is also nice, and the hotel is just across the Hard Rock Cafe.

I'd recommend this hotel to everyone; the only issue was the airport "shuttle". As usual, a shuttle is supposed to be a free service but you need to pay around 20 euros pp for airport transfer. We used the public transport instead.

Room Tip: Toilets are a bit small in regular rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Denizrende,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Park Hotel experience.

We guarantee our guests a good night's sleep with the new generation Jensen® Original zone system mattresses. You can take a look at our website and also order the bedding collection.

Thank you for recommending us. We are grateful for your support and we hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Perfect hotel and room if you do not have the basic room. Our friends did not upgrade which cost 40euro extra and their room was very small, with no place to put anything and the bathroom was in the same room. The room had poor lighting and in general was very poor. Our room was perfect. Separate bathroom space and room for everything. Excellent location and staff very friendly. Go to this hotel. But upgrade.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Ruthlin,

I’m absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. And I want to thank you for recommending Park Hotel on Tripadvisor. Of course I apologize for the fact that we could not meet to the expectations of your friends.

Despite of this experience we hope that we can welcome you all again in the future.

Suzanne de Zwaan

Been to Park Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!