“So Accessible But.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel Amsterdam

You added Park Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Stadhouderskade 25, 1071 ZD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Special Rate
€119 (EUR)
Ranked #74 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Quezon City
“So Accessible But.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Last May 23,2014, my husband and I went to Amsterdam. It was our first time to go there so I really made sure that we will enjoy the place and maximize our stay. Through the web, I searched for the right hotel where it is accessible to all major tourist destinations and likewise meet our requirements. I finally chose Park Hotel because of its good reviews despite not being on the top 50 of all hotels in Amsterdam which I am really very particular about. During our stay did I realize why it wasn't in the top 50 at least. The service of the staff in the reception when we arrived which was past 1:00pm was really dismal. The person who attended to us made us wait until 2:00pm or so to send us to our room despite the fact that there was already an available one for us. My husband overheard a lady receptionist asked the guy who attended to us why not send us to our room already since there were available ones for arriving guests. We were so tired traveling and the least these people in this hotel can do was to be kind and make us felt welcome. I have been to hotels in Europe as attested in my reviews and I never had experience such snobbery if that what was all about. The redeeming factors actually were those in the night shift. They were really nice and helpful and our room was nice with the small balcony although rather noisy since it's overlooking the street and we were assigned to the lower floor. If ever I return to Amsterdam, I won't go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear CezCLee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about your experience at Park Hotel in Amsterdam.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your recent stay.

I can assure you that we take your comments very seriously, and will take appropriate actions to improve in these areas. And despite of your recent experience we hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Suzanne de Zwaan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lovely comfortable BUSINESS style hotel near wii key museums and shopping.
Beds are comfortable and rooms are quiet (specially in back).
Public tansport is a short walk ( 5 min.)
Front desk was a minor head ache…as they kept changing key card… some mix-up in our reservation.

Room Tip: High Floor on the backside
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear SeattleShanu,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review . Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced at our Service Desk.

We are happy that you have enjoyed all other facilities of the hotel and would be very grateful if you could give us another chance to fully meet your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed there with my girlfriend for a weekend break and I was quite satisfied with Park Hotel's location and services.

Very soft and comfortable beds, very clean toilets and showers with shampoo, nice soaps, body lotion etc.

The minibar menu is also nice, and the hotel is just across the Hard Rock Cafe.

I'd recommend this hotel to everyone; the only issue was the airport "shuttle". As usual, a shuttle is supposed to be a free service but you need to pay around 20 euros pp for airport transfer. We used the public transport instead.

Room Tip: Toilets are a bit small in regular rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Denizrende,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Park Hotel experience.

We guarantee our guests a good night's sleep with the new generation Jensen® Original zone system mattresses. You can take a look at our website and also order the bedding collection.

Thank you for recommending us. We are grateful for your support and we hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Perfect hotel and room if you do not have the basic room. Our friends did not upgrade which cost 40euro extra and their room was very small, with no place to put anything and the bathroom was in the same room. The room had poor lighting and in general was very poor. Our room was perfect. Separate bathroom space and room for everything. Excellent location and staff very friendly. Go to this hotel. But upgrade.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Ruthlin,

I’m absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. And I want to thank you for recommending Park Hotel on Tripadvisor. Of course I apologize for the fact that we could not meet to the expectations of your friends.

Despite of this experience we hope that we can welcome you all again in the future.

Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The Park is in the perfect location. The staff beyond helpful but there are issues. The basic rooms are extremely small, super plain. The junior suites are much nicer but way more expensive. Our biggest issue was the horrible amount of dust. The room on surface looks clean, bed etc... But there was literally an inch of dust of top of bed frame that when we opened windows blew everywhere. The bathroom had a freestanding pedestal in it with fake flowers on top there was inches of dust and literally garbage behind it and it was visible. It was easily movable so not sure why not cleaned

• Stayed July 2014
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear tskelly,

I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. We sincerely regret the streak of bad luck you had regarding to the issues in your room. I will certainly have the housekeeping department look into and further address your concerns.

Please be advised that your experience does not reflect the normal experience of our guests.

We would be very grateful if you could give us another chance to fully meet your expectations. So we hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Park Hotel! Standards of the rooms were immaculate, staff were very friendly and helpful! The location of the hotel is just perfect! you're so close to the Leidesplein and all the shops, a canal cruise station is directly opposite, there's so much to do at your doorstep! The Momo cocktail bar is fantastic! We found the hotel very warm and inviting! It looked beautiful lit up at night time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne J, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Anglesonian,

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay at Park Hotel.

As you noted the location of our hotel is one of our strengths. We thank you kindly for recommending our hotel via Tripadvisor.

It will be an honour to welcome you again next time you visiting Amsterdam.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here recently with my children. This hotel cannot be faulted. The rooms, the service, the friendliness of the staff were exceptional. The hotel's location right next to Vondel Park, opposite the Hard Rock and close to Rijks Musuem makes it perfect to see the beautiful side of Amsterdam and all it has to offer. Trams, busses, taxies not to mention boats or bikes literally outside the front door. Would I return yes, would I stay at this hotel? In a heart beat !!!
Thank you to all the staff at the Park.

Room Tip: For family book a Junior Suite - we had a small balcony from which to check out the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pamela N,

I’m very happy to read that you and your children enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel in Amsterdam.

We are heartened by your wonderful praise of our hotel, and would like to thank you taking the time to write this lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We would welcome you again in a heart beat!

Suzanne de Zwaan

Been to Park Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!