“Best Hotel in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 14 sites
Save Saved
You added Hotel Okura Amsterdam to your Saves list
Hotel Okura Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ferdinand Bolstraat 333, 1072 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #18 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Hotel in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel Okura is ideally situated to Amsterdam. You can easily walk to local restaurants, and can catch the tram to anywhere just outside the hotel. The rooms were beautiful, clean, quiet and secure. The hotel concierge helped me with choosing a train to France and the staff was very attentive and polite. I highly recommend the hotel Okura for business and pleasure. Enjoy!

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I recently stayed here for a few nights as my company were holding a conference here.

It's rare that I have a flawless experience in hotels but on this occasion, the Okura was perfect. My room was luxurious and spacious, the amenities were excellent (especially the health/fitness centre) and the staff were outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble even when I couldn't work out how the espresso machine in my room worked, one of the concierge came up and not only fixed it but insisted I relaxed whilst he made the coffee for me.

I plan to be back in Amsterdam for leisure and will certainly look to stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites on the 5th floor are truly excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is situated on the bank of the Amstel canal in the De Pijp area of Amsterdam. There are many bars and resturants within 10 minutes walk .The Okura hotel is first class helpful staff in all areas. We had a room on the 14th floor with a fantastic view of the city,the room was spacious very comfortable and spotlesly clean. You can use public transport from airport,train to Sloterdijk then tram number 12 which stops 200 yards from hotel.

Room Tip: High floor with city view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I got a great deal on this hotel, so I decided to try it. I loved it. I thought that they might give me a not so great room because I was paying so little for it -- I was totally wrong. They gave me a gorgeous corner room on the 16th floor with beautiful canal views. It was very quiet. Although it wasn't in the middle of things, this wasn't a problem (and made for a more peaceful stay) because I just rented a bike for my stay (or walked). The tram is also convenient. I asked for early check-in, not really expecting my room to be ready, but again I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is right on a canal (gorgeous) and the general area is more neighborhood-y. I enjoyed this. I would stay here again, definitely. Some of the photos online are before a hotel upgrade (I believe). The rooms have very clean lines. I had a separate soaking tub and rainshower.

Free wifi is also nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
liondon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Having just stayed here, I would rate Okura as the hotel with the most obliging staff I have ever come across. Everyone, from the doorman upwards is happy to (offer) help. Bright, airy, spotless rooms. OK, so its not in the city centre, but it's a great hotel to walk back into after visiting all those tourist sites. A tranquil, bright, airy, reception area, not to mention an abundance of smiles from ALL the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great hotel, very welcoming. Staff is always willing to help. Clean and well situated.
The swimming pool and jacuzzi are great to relax after a business day.
We had a very pleasant time and with no doubt we will stay at Okura hotel next time we visit Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and lightly, non smoking and large.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great rooms and great room service. The staff could not do enough to help. I would definitely go back for a personal visit.

On the downside they charge 15 euros for use of the pool and gym which isn't great. Also there is a fast internet which is 12 euros a day vs the slow option which is free. Add 27 euros per day for those two.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Hotel Okura Amsterdam? Share your experiences!