Recently stayed here for a conference, and was generally thrilled with the hotel. As always - chose a suite - since I routinely need to work from my room. I was upgraded to a deluxe junior suite which was amazing (and I've stayed all over th Europe and the US in everythign from hovels to 5 star presidential suites).
Huge main room - with a very large desk and windows on two sides - super fcomfy beds and a very trick software-based lighting and curtain control module set a great tone. A spacious washroom with all the amenities (less a bidet though) made for a pleasant stay. Super helplful staff ensured all went smoothly.
But still - there are spots they could do EVEN better...
1. NO steam iron! I have NO clue how people manage to press dress shirts properly with a basic hot flat piece of metal. SO frustating!
2. Coffee makers that shake the room. While this part of Amsterdam is very quiet - I was awoken sevreal times by the thumping drone of the in-room espresso makers from another room above. I'm not coffee drinker (!) so I can't even get an abstract pleasure from this racket. All these units need to be isolated wiht rubber mats or something.
3, PLumbing noise. Pipes that do long runs in the wall have to be anchored at certain intervals - else they can vibrate loudly at certain partial flow rates. This hotel has several pipes on or around the 6th floor that vibrate like mad every once in while.
4. Don't charge for the health centre or bike usage.
Lastly - I was VERY impressed by the FREE wifi provided. I need constant hi speed access while on the road - so this was a VERY welcome - esp at no charge - although that "might" have been a perk of the conference?
In any case - this was a super clean, spacious, well appointed and very comfortable hotel that I'd highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary High-rise Hotel with a Dutch & Japanese flair located in the cozy neighborhood De Pijp and within walking distance of the RAI Convention Center. Hotel Okura Amsterdam facilitates four restaurants of which all have been awarded by Michelin. On the 23rd floor one can find two Michelin star Ciel Bleu Restaurant. On the ground floor, Teppanyaki Restaurant Sazanka is located, this restaurant has been awarded one Michelin star and here chefs prepare your dishes right in front of you on the hot griddle. Then, Yamazato Restaurant, awarded one Michelin star as well, serves the authentic Japanese kaiseki cuisine. And lastly, Serre Restaurant is inspired by Ciel Bleu and has received a Bib Gourmand by Michelin which awards the great price-quality relation. Furthermore, Hotel Okura Amsterdam facilitates Nagomi Spa & Health were guests can relax by means of treatments and workouts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Splendia, BookIt.com, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Okura Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okura Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Okura Hotel