“we loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“we loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

In a really handy location if you have a car because really hard to park in the center of amsterdam. You can get a taxi in for about 20 euros, really nice hotel with big really comfortable beds, best bit was the free mini bar in the room with beer wine and fizzy drinks, they have a breakfast buffet but to be honest we never ate there, , thinking back I have had the best nights sleep for a wee while there, staff super friendly, free fruit at the reception.would definitely recommend it as a stopover

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be good there
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MercureAir, General Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to my staff. I hope to welcome you soon again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

It is a 10-minutes drive by shuttle bus from Schipol so not in the airport itself, and forget about walking there. Location itself is boring with capital B, but that is not why you would use this hotel.
Staff is the most helpful I have encountered this year, where I started a new job where I travel to two-three different European cities every week: arrived late on a weekday, and asked for an ironing board and on the spot someone came to my room with one. Waited in the reception for someone to pick me up and a member of the receptionist staff came to tell me that my colleague had called to say that he was late. Truly engaged and helpful staff.

Rooms are ok, basic but nice atmosphere and good beds. Baths are slippery, so do use the plastic mats provided otherwise you will break a leg or an arm. Breakfast is better than average and there is a lot to choose from. So no reason not to use this hotel unless location or supreme luxury is important to you, and if you have someone else to pick up the bill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MercureAir, General Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences. It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you for the compliments about my staff. I hope to welcome you soon again.
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good option when you need to be close to Schiphol!
Great breakfast, although a bit expensive. Better to book it in advance via website. Rooms are clean and compfortable, with tea and coffee facilities.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercureAir, General Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay. I hope to welcome you again in the future.
Antwerp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in May 2013 because we had an early flight the next day from Schiphol Airport, and we wanted to add an extra day in Amsterdam to our vacation.
The hotel is not at the airport itself, but in Sloten, which is a burg very close to the airport.

We arrived in the morning by train in Schiphol, waited for the free shuttle from the Mercure hotel, which arrives only hourly and leaves 15 minutes past the hour. The busride from the airport to the hotel took +/-5 to 10 minutes.

Because we arrived too early to check in, we dropped off our luggage at the reception of the hotel.
We went outside, crossed the street and went to the busstop 300 meters to the left, on the Anderlechtlaan. Bus 197 takes you in +/-20 minutes to the Leidseplein in the city of Amsterdam (= 6 stops).
You can buy a 1 hour ticket with the possibility to change busses within the hour for 2,80 euro, or a 1 hour ticket without the possibility to change busses for 2 euro. You have to have the right amount in cash, because otherwise you delay the bus and you might have to wait a long time for your return money. More information about busses and other public transport in Amsterdam on www.gvb.nl

We ate dinner in the city and returned to the hotel only for a good night's sleep. The people at the reception were very friendly, efficient and helpfull with the check-in.
We had room 253 at the back of the hotel on the first floor. It was clean, modern, with a good bed and bathroom.
We heard no noise from the airport or the nearby highway.

We cannot say anything about the prices or quality of the food in the restaurant or the breakfast in the morning, because we didn't eat at the hotel.

We took the shuttlebus at 7 am and ate at the airport. The shuttlebus is a "come first, have a seat first"-thing, you cannot make reservations. It seats 8 persons and a driver.

Overall we were very happy with our 1 night stay, as the hotel was ideally situated for visiting some museums in Amsterdam the day before we took our flight from Schiphol.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences you have had in Amsterdam. It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to welcome you again in the future and your stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The quality of the hotel is good and the room also very pleasant. Due to roadworks directly outside the hotel the area was not so nice. There was very little information concerning what to see in Amsterdam, or information on bus / tram schedules.
What I cannot accept is 19,50 per person for breakfast!! I would suggest this is reviewed as I will not be staying in this hotel again while the cost for Breakfast is so high.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercureAir, General Manager at Mercure Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences and thank you for the compliments.
I am sorry to read you did not find enough information about Amsterdam and public transport. We do have a map full of information on the reception desk and the Front Office staff can give a lot of information as well. I am very sorry if this was not known by you or it was not enough.
Our prices are based on the prices in the surrounding area and we think we provide good value for it. I am very sorry to hear you do not agree with this.

Been to Mercure Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!